Artie Lange

I'm Hoping for

Howard Stern's Support

7/14/2011 6:16 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Artie Lange is FIRED UP about the possibility of returning to a full-time radio gig -- and tells TMZ he's very confident his old boss Howard Stern will have his back. 071411_artie_lange_v3_still

Lange was outside Dan Tana's in Hollywood with his friend and potential new radio partner Nick DiPaolo last night -- when we asked how Howard would feel about his on-air comeback.

"Howard's the greatest guy in the world" ... Artie said ... adding, "He's been supportive of everything that's happened and he's been a good man to me ... so hopefully he'll be supportive of this ... but you never know."

As TMZ first reported, the people behind Artie's project are hoping to lock a deal that would nationally simulcast the new show on DirecTV and Fox Sports Radio.

So far, we're told ... no official deal has been reached.

pimpc

first again!

KCGirl

YAY, ARTIE!! He looks great. I really hope he stays clean. I think he is funnier when he is sober. He just seemed angry when he is using. Stay healthy and go back to Howard!! :)

artie help

this fat bastard owes me money from back in the day in jersey city, on top of that he's a no talent welch. pay your bills fat boy or don't play at all.

Delaware D

ugh. Howard Stern is soooo 1995. Doesn anybody even care about him anymore?

kp

Why would we care what this guy is doing? My brother is thinking of selling his car - should I send you a picture? oh that's right NO ONE CARES
tmz was always interesting, what gives???????????????

moe

I never understood why Howard Stern ever hired this fat, unfunny, untalented bastard.

static

Yeah sure he'll have your back....to put a knife in it, just like he did for Jackie and Stuttering John.

Delaware SUX

Howard Stern 1995? What's wrong with you! Do you not read the news? You relize how many listeners he has! How huge he is all over the US, and how he single handedly made satallite radio what it is today? You obviously don't know what tha F you're talking about.

writenow

Would anyone admit to watching this guy? I mean, really?! Wow.

Here's your sign.

Outlaw

His new show will be great especially on sports radio. Artie is a sports genius, can't wait for his return to glory!

MariJoy

Howard & cohorts are the lowest TRASH on radio, period.
Inbecilic "humor" that I could not listen to, once I "got" what they were about - thanks, Howard, for contributing so WELL to the Great Dumbing Down of America!!

Delaware SUX

MariJoy, people like you never gave him the chance, and will never know what a genius he really is. You saw a show on E years ago, and think that's all the show is. If you gave him an honest chance, you'd think otherwise, I guarantee it. I've seen some many people like you turn around and love the guys show once they gave him a chance.

nof

Artie's right on all counts:

Howard's a good dude.

Howard will have his back.

Howard will help Artie in any way Howard can.

Signed:

The-Sociopath-Whisperer
aka
Son Of Squeaky Fromme

EvilPromise

not a fan or listener of either... I forget, why is this News again?

AMSOL

Love his t-shirt. Emotional Friend. Hah hah Sal !!!!!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments