Casey Anthony Lawyer Negotiates ($$$) w/ Networks

7/22/2011 12:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jose Baez -- Casey Anthony's lawyer -- is holed up at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in New York City, holding court with all of the major networks -- to determine who will score the first interview with Casey -- and big bucks are involved.

Casey Anthony

Sources tell TMZ ... NBC, ABC and CBS are all competing for the first interview.  Sources connected with the negotiations tell TMZ there is a "big price tag" for the interview.  We're told the networks -- which say they don't pay for interviews -- are offering to license photos and other material and pay big bucks ... that's S.O.P. in the network game.

We're told NBC looks like the frontrunner so far, but ABC is in the game.  We're told CBS "is a distant third."  We're told NBC is paying for Baez' hotel room.

Baez spent part of the night Thursday in the Mandarin Oriental bar with famed lawyer Mark Geragos (right) -- who knows a thing or two about high-profile cases.  We're told Geragos gave Baez pointers on negotiating the deal.

tmz-top-comments-banner
Tammy Tammy

Will NOT be watching. I hope the interview is a ratings flop, whichever network gets it.

holly holly

I mean.. unless she is going to tell everyone what happen to her kid... lost in grocery store, drowned, what ever.. the real truth is.. its just a waste of money to the fool that pays her to lie more. The girl has not said the truth yet.

jaz jaz

Where was all the outrage when Nancy Dis Grace was pimping out this child's death for profit talk about blood money , hypocrites all of you.

tmz-top-comments-banner
Tammy Tammy

holly holly

jaz jaz

Doreen Doreen

Networks are such freaking hypocrites! Shame on them.

Gatanegra Gatanegra

Networks will pay the big money because they know people WILL watch. If you watch, you're part of the problem!

Cindy Cindy

I'll watch, but I expect it to be a lot of nothing said.

becky becky

Whatever station it becomes... I will boycott!!! That woman has nothing to say that I want to hear.

Abe Abe

I can't wait to watch Casey's interview. Whatever network gets her, I'll be watching! x

Bean Reel Bean Reel

Here's what I'd give you for that interview: $0.00 It's not worth a plugged nickel to hear from that woman. Boo and bad karma to whatever Network forks over so much a dime. You can count me o-u-t out!

Pat smith

Somebody tell jean Casarez Yes there is a backlash against her Precious Jose Baez. Duh..

Theresa

I will no*****ch and I plead with others to do the same. Please don'*****ch or buy anything that is peddling Casey Anthony and her seedy lawyer Jose Baez, who had to clean up his act before they would grant him his license.

mom

Boycott Blood Money!!

Pass this link on, via all your social media...it's time to take a a stand against all people who profit from murder especially the lawyer$$.

Momof2

I will no*****ch the network that does the interview, again. If I have to give up my favorite show(s), I will just to prove a point!

lisa

as is the norm this country is full of idiots and they work in government ,law and the number one MEDIA!!!! no way in hell i would watch that witch do an interview and god willing those *###*** that are willing to pay to hear her tell lies (again) and whine about her horrible stay in jail will end up finding out that bad things happen to people that support murders and i really don't care if she was given a verdict of innocent she should be getting a needle stuck in her arm right now and she shouldn't get paid for her evil ways i stand by the baby that lost her life so her mom could be a "hot body" and party her ass off i can only hope and pray that in a drunken stupur the witch will feel guilty and off herself save the country more embarrassment over her DO NOT PAY THAT WITCH!!!

ida

i will not deal with people that want to give blood money to a baby killer you people are sick i will boycott everything...............

Joss

That woman doesn't deserve a cent. I'm ashamed of today's society, because I know that it will be viewed by many people, but I will definitely not be one of them.

Wilky

I will not only NEVER watch anything this thing has to say, but will boycott the station and any advertizer who buy commercial time during the interview.
She's a LIAR and killer and couldn't believe anything she had to say.

dayleablack

Jose Baez YOU are a MONEY GRUBBING S*** BAG. Why don't you leave it alone. You did your defending yob, You are making yourself look as bad as Caey. GREEDY ASS SHORT TORT!!

lee

What would be the purpose of an interview? She obviously will be reiterating her pack of lies. I think the only interview worth watching would be if George was present during the interview so she would have to look him in the eye when she tells her story.

MAE FISH

I KNEW IF ANYONE COULD FIND THAT BABYKILLER TMZ WOULD. THANK U. NBC HAS BEEN OFF MY WATCH LIST AND WILL REAIN OFF. THE BIG PRICE TAG. MAKES ME SICK......

Lauren

Jose Biaz and his team, are having Casey Marie Anthony sent to "REHAB". (What a joke ...the psychiatrist will need rehab after dealing with her). Then she will come out in public to do interviews ..here's the legal loophole catch.....Biaz and his team will set up a corporation /a "charitable" corporation, and the millions of dollars for the "TRUTHFUL" interview (what a joke), will go to the "CHARITABLE" corporation and then Jose Biaz and a little while later.... Casey Marie Anthony will receive a salary for "running the "Charitable" corporation....and guess what a real charity will get a small donation from this "corporation" for about $5000 ( or some such amount), and the millions will go to Jose Biaz and Casey Marie Anthony. I hope the IRS burns them and good!!!! Tax fraud , fraud over the airways , fairure to pay taxes, setting up a fraudulent corporation for illicit gain and tax evasion. That should net 60 years each in the slammer for the whole crew including Casey Marie Anthony.
Did you see that "legal team" drinking, whooping it up, and dancing on Caylee's grave, after their not guilty verdict in that restaurant? Wasn't that disgusting, to say the least?

EE

Re: the Casey Anthony halloween mask that sold on ebay for $999,000.00? It will be interesting to see if the network that gets the first interview happens to have a mask. What better way to hide the fact monies were paid and hide the money from people suing her! There's supposedly 8 more.

Jeannie

Kidnapper Syndrome ,Stockholm syndrome , Jose Baez and and,Todd Macaluso For Blood money For Casey Anthony

Jeannie

Where is Casey Anthony New video of her drinking Beer and get of a Jet where is it ?

Previous 15 Comments | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments