Casey Anthony Lawyer Negotiates ($$$) w/ Networks

7/22/2011 12:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jose Baez -- Casey Anthony's lawyer -- is holed up at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in New York City, holding court with all of the major networks -- to determine who will score the first interview with Casey -- and big bucks are involved.

Casey Anthony

Sources tell TMZ ... NBC, ABC and CBS are all competing for the first interview.  Sources connected with the negotiations tell TMZ there is a "big price tag" for the interview.  We're told the networks -- which say they don't pay for interviews -- are offering to license photos and other material and pay big bucks ... that's S.O.P. in the network game.

We're told NBC looks like the frontrunner so far, but ABC is in the game.  We're told CBS "is a distant third."  We're told NBC is paying for Baez' hotel room.

Baez spent part of the night Thursday in the Mandarin Oriental bar with famed lawyer Mark Geragos (right) -- who knows a thing or two about high-profile cases.  We're told Geragos gave Baez pointers on negotiating the deal.

tmz-top-comments-banner
Tammy Tammy

Will NOT be watching. I hope the interview is a ratings flop, whichever network gets it.

holly holly

I mean.. unless she is going to tell everyone what happen to her kid... lost in grocery store, drowned, what ever.. the real truth is.. its just a waste of money to the fool that pays her to lie more. The girl has not said the truth yet.

jaz jaz

Where was all the outrage when Nancy Dis Grace was pimping out this child's death for profit talk about blood money , hypocrites all of you.

tmz-top-comments-banner
Tammy Tammy

holly holly

jaz jaz

Doreen Doreen

Networks are such freaking hypocrites! Shame on them.

Gatanegra Gatanegra

Networks will pay the big money because they know people WILL watch. If you watch, you're part of the problem!

Cindy Cindy

I'll watch, but I expect it to be a lot of nothing said.

becky becky

Whatever station it becomes... I will boycott!!! That woman has nothing to say that I want to hear.

Abe Abe

I can't wait to watch Casey's interview. Whatever network gets her, I'll be watching! x

Bean Reel Bean Reel

Here's what I'd give you for that interview: $0.00 It's not worth a plugged nickel to hear from that woman. Boo and bad karma to whatever Network forks over so much a dime. You can count me o-u-t out!

jobel

The interview will have restrictions, she is not to be asked anything about the case, trial, her daughter or her family. So what is left to lie about? She descrated the body of a two year old child, and now has her hand out to make money from that? There is nothing in this world would make me want to watch this parasite benefit from the death of a innocent child.

Pegasus

Jobel:

I could not agree with you more! I do not believe anyone is the least bit interested in hearing any more lies from this "B**ch"! And your right about what they can ask her, heard the same thing myself - what a bunch of BS!

ELI

Casey's lawyer, Joan Baez, is just a fat-cat f..k who will take all her money! So right on!

jane anderson

Whether Casey gets paid or not, direct or by nefarious means, whatever show she is on WILL be boycotted. Or rather the sponsors will, by sending them proof of purchase of their competitors. Same thing with the evening news of the network foolish enough to have her.

Kathy

If they offered me $5k to sit and watch her interview, I truthfully would tell them where to stick it. Thats like paying her to kill her child.....Disgusting piece of crap, she is no better than a child molester.

Rob

Hopefully a deal requires her to answer some of the questions on a lie detecter. Also, if she refuses questions it shouldnt be allowed or loses some of the purse. Networks are going to be scammed otherwise

trojanoman

You guys keep forgetting; this girl has a ton of bills yet to be paid.The sheriff's dept. in Florida is charging her in excess of 200k for her stay there; plus the female she lied on is suing her in a civil suit for lying on her! She will also have to pay the probation dept.any funds they can recover.So with a ton of attorney fees Baez better try to get all he can for her first interview because I can't see another network giving her fees for her to rehash lies she will tell the 1st network that talk to her.Worry about Hollywood not the networks.

debbie

No way will I ever watch. I'm sick of seeing her ugly murderous face. She used everyone she could. Caylee got in her way, so she killed her. Just getting psych help to continue to try to look like a tormented innocent sweetie.

unhappy

money!money!money! that's what this is all about! right down to the jury. I hope they all choke on all this filth and lies. who wants to hear more lies on how Casey got away with murder and Baez helped her?

dorrie

Whoever says they are not gonna watch any interview will be the first to get that chair in front f the TV. This is life and we all need to go on with our lives because who knows if she is guilty or not? Only the Lord knows and he will take care of things in due time. Life goes on!

tina zwerenemann

Jose Baez is a bigger slime bag than Casey Anthony!!! As disgusting as she is ,he is soooo much worse. He just a loser leech sniffing that biatchs tail to profit off of that poor baby !! Sickening ,just sickening

Hoyt

Everyone of you who say I'm not gonna watch, well you're lying. We will all watch because we would like to know the end of this sad story!

Deborah Brown

This has probably got to be the single most repulsive thing any media network could do... pay this woman to tell more lies. The public does NOT want this... no matter what the media thinks it knows, the public does NOT want Casey Anthony and her defense team to make millions off of the death of little Caylee. This makes me sad and embarrassed as the world watches the USA celebrate and reward a mother for what we believe, what the world believes, is reward for killing a baby. Even hard core prisoners detest baby killers. How can this be that TMZ and the media think it's a real seller and money maker. How can anyone pay this woman cash money without feeling guilty. I hope little Caylee haunts whoever pays Casey a dime for exploiting her death.

Sindie

How can anyone pay her to just tell more lies. I am a mother, and grandmother. If I did not know where my kids were for 5 minutes, I would have freaked out. And if my kid would have been found in a pool, I would do my best to give C.P.R, and call 911 asap.There is nothing she could say that would make me understand. I will boycott anyone who gives her blood money, and anyone associated with them.She still has to answer to god, and she can not lie her way out.

mdavidnewton@hotmail.com

what a pile of ****!!!!!!!!! SHE should be hung

Previous 15 Comments | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments