Amy Winehouse -- Signs of Life When Help Arrived

7/23/2011 4:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sources connected with the Amy Winehouse death investigation tell TMZ ... paramedics found "signs of life" when they arrived Saturday afternoon, but she died before they could transport her.

0722_amy_EX4Our sources were not specific as to the exact nature of the "signs of life."

According to our sources, law enforcement "is operating under the suspicion" this an overdose, although police will not say on the record it's an overdose until the first postmortem exam Sunday morning.

As TMZ first reported, police on the scene determined there were no signs of foul play and there is nothing suspicious about the death.

She's baaaack

Poor thing. She had so many demons it's surpsing it took this long. Hopefully she found the peace in death that evaded her in life. RIP Amy Winehouse.

PRO US

"Jus*****ched" gets censored by moronic TMZ automated, programmable censor.

OK, let's try the following:

Just watched

Just wa tched

Just w atched

Jus*******ched

Jus***** ch ed

Jus twa tched

I guess the word TMZ wants to censor is "*******"

I dunno what t--w--a--t is, becuz "me not too smart" but it must be something bad for TMZ to censor "jus*****ched".

If someone axe you what year it is and you say 2011, you is wrong, it is 1984.

War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength
---George Orwell, 1984

Grumpy

R.I.P.
You shoulda gone to rehab...yes yes yes

jo

Amy was one I was actually pulling for. She was a genuine talent in an industry full of POSERS and those relying on digital remixing and lip syncing who couldnt sing qaulity live note on thier best day. This sad. Once again it's proven money and fame dont gaurantee happiness and came come with dark demons. I will miss the potential of what she had to become as a talent. I hope her demons are finally at rest. BTW other well known (and in public denial) addicts like Lindsay and Brook Muller...TAKE NOTE AND GET HELP. Money, fame and a thin body are not worth an early body bag or life threatning disease from drugs, alcohol and cancer sticks.

igotfleasfromtmz

Medic666 19 minutes ago
If there was signs of life...she would have been transported to the hospital and not taken out in a body bag. Come on TMZ...use your brains. duh.

Must be in england you don't get cpr and transported to the hospital for more help.
Must be they just send the bio guy in his blue outfit for no reason at all.

Hoopee

There have been tons of jokes about Amy Whinehouse and what a sad pathetic person she was over the past year. It's easy to see why and how so many could make fun of such a 'mess' of a person and her life. Unfortunately, she's gone now. It's really not time to make jokes anymore. It's turned in to a very sad and tragic story. Hopefully people like LiLo can use this as a an example to turn their life around. There is a difference in getting high or drunk and letting booze and drugs completely destroy your life. It's a sad thing when anyone leaves this only life we know. Regardless if you've found her antics ridiculous and laughable in the past. It's no long time jokes. NOH8 should apply to everyone.

mike

who cares

jo

Amy was one I was actually pulling for. She was a REAL talent in an industry full of POSERS with digital remixing and lip syncing who couldnt sing a qaulity live note on thier best day. This is sad. Once again it's proven money and fame dont gaurantee happiness and can come with dark demons. I will miss the potential of what she had to becomee. I hope her demons are finally at rest. BTW other well known (and in public denial and or closeted) celeb addicts like Lindsay and Brook Muller...TAKE NOTE AND GET HELP. Money, fame and a thin body are not worth an early body bag or life threatning disease from drugs, alcohol and cancer sticks.

mike

who really cares about a drug addict who couldnt get it together its her own fault

Bubbles The Chimp

You will be surprised how fast Europe gets autopsy reports done rather than America always protecting their idiot celebs from foolish deaths like ODs and suicides.

Frank

Playing her CD's We lost a Very talented voice and artist. I.m SO SAD, WAY TOOOOO SOOOOOONNNN

MartyLovesSigs

Loved the music, and thought she could be one of the few to make it out alive. Awful, awful disease one that I too am inflicted with, but am sober by the grace of God. Rest In Peace...Amy Winehouse, I will miss you and I am sure I speak for some others, you truly had a God given talent and thanks for sharing it with us in your short life.

Superman

Enough with this overrated waste of space. She dug her own grave. I have no sympathy for her. And I won't have any sympathy for any other rich skank that drops dead. Celebrity deaths come in threes...soooo, I'm predicting another rich skank to bite it soon. Let's see...Lady Gaga, Paris, Christina, Lindsay, and Casey A. are probably leading contenders for the next dirt nap. Better become a repentant Christian before it's too late.

Ghost Rider

In some cases sings of life are all one needs, but you must have a very strong will to live to make it. Amy might not of had that will to live left, or her time was just up.

Susan

You have conquered your demons. May your soul finally find peace.