Amy Winehouse -- Signs of Life When Help Arrived

7/23/2011 4:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sources connected with the Amy Winehouse death investigation tell TMZ ... paramedics found "signs of life" when they arrived Saturday afternoon, but she died before they could transport her.

0722_amy_EX4Our sources were not specific as to the exact nature of the "signs of life."

According to our sources, law enforcement "is operating under the suspicion" this an overdose, although police will not say on the record it's an overdose until the first postmortem exam Sunday morning.

As TMZ first reported, police on the scene determined there were no signs of foul play and there is nothing suspicious about the death.

Barbarascy

The truth is I am sad to hear of her passing. I had hoped that she could beat her addiction and explore the talent she so obviously had. But I guess it was not meant to be. I am sorry about her death, but I can't say that I am surprised. It seemed to me that she was trying to kill herself in some ways.

Morgainm

Chelsea Handler and Amy Winehouse are on the same train. Do you think she needs an intervention? Should Amy's family done what Britney's family did? morgainm.wordpress.com

Boss Hawg

My heart hurts for her and the sad life she led. I feel so sad for her parents and family and friends
Life is so hard and for some it is a lot harder......

Rest In Sweet Peace Amy.

Morgainm

Addiction is a disease and chronic. It is progressive. It won't reveal itself to you.It tells you that you that you aren't sick. If your friends and family are telling you to get help, get help. Listen to them.

andyconda

Nicole 4 hours ago

Sooo sad that she couldn't get the help she needed before it came to this. RIP

--------------------------------------------------------------

are you the same person that defends lindsay about rehab. and thinks she is better off doing drugs and not being tested.

Have to say you will be surprised in the next few years get use to morning.
because the path that lindsay is taking is about the same.

except Amy had mad skills. she was famous for her own merits.

not emulating (6126) monroe

writenow

One of the 84 murdered children also displayed "Signs on life." The Daily Mail featured a picture of a little boy on his knees facing the shooter and begging for his life.

Amy? Not so much. My sympathy goes with the children.

2idiots

This is a tragic loss of a very talented singer. Addiction, either drugs or alcohol or both, can be something that some people can not overcome. Sadly many of us saw this coming.

I am a recovering cocaine addict, I've been clean 17 months. Had I not been able to slay the monster, I know, I would not be here now.

May Amy Rest In Peace. My thoughts and prayers go out to her family.

2idiots

writenow 3 minutes ago

Amy? Not so much. My sympathy goes with the children.
-----
I truly hope for your sake that addiction never touches your family. If it does, you'll understand the pain it causes.

Audieme

Here she is at her BEST

RonBurgundy

One less junkie we have to watch stumble around while evryone else has to play by the rules.

She is exactly where we all knew she would end up.

Won't really be a shock when Charlie Sheen or Artle Lange off themselves...

What junkie is next?

....Tick-Tock

lovemj

Loved her - was always amazed such a voice came out of this tiny little woman. But, I was also sad for whatever troubled her.

R.I.P.

2idiots

RonBurgundy 3 minutes ago

She is exactly where we all knew she would end up.

Won't really be a shock when Charlie Sheen or Artle Lange off themselves...

What junkie is next?

....Tick-Tock
---------
RON - let's hope the next junkie you watch stumbling around isn't one of your children or loved ones.

vh

Addition is medical condition. Not a moral lapse or will power issue. Nor a character deformity. How long before governments (i.e., Portugal) treat it as such?

Heckling the dead addict is akin to making people circus freaks because they had horrific physical diseases. It is just not right.

ilovegossip

I really doubt that if she still had signs of life, there would be a guy in a hazmat suit in the picture of them taking the body out of the house. Just sayin'

MoonDust

Ty TMZ for posting a nice picture of her instead of the usual ones you print of celebs with their mouth wide open as in expecting a huge dildo. RIP Amy ...LOVED your beautiful voice:(