Mark Ronson -- I've Lost My 'Musical Soulmate'

7/23/2011 1:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mark Ronson -- who produced most of Amy Winehouse's Grammy-winning album "Back to Black" -- just posted the following on his Twitter page:

Mark Ronson

hotbitch

Some of you are pathetic. If her own parents, who loved her more than anyone in the world, couldn't do anything to get her off of drugs what makes you think Mark Ronson had the power?? It's just sad.

Howard

Are you kidding me she was like a sister to you. You make me sick if she was you woulda stepped in and got her help before it came to this.

stefan

you people are idiots and clueless about addicts.
While I agree this guy is fake as hell going on twitter after the fact, do you really think that you can just "step in" and start making demands to addicts?
Go ahead and try it and see how well it goes.

Snoski Roc

I wish they had made more music during the time they worked together. Her recorded music will live on. They put out quality produced music and at that specific time in her life boy could she sing. Sorry for his loss...R.I.P. Amy

To the trolls: Suck it easy...

Brenda

For that matter, how the h e l l do any of you know that Mark didn't attempt an intervention with her? Fools.

No comment

What a douchebag. You were just another enabler who did drugs with her. You did zero to help her get sober. Cry me a dimebag.

Susie

All of these "stars" coming out of the woodwork to post a twitter message for Amy is making me SICK. If you ALL were such good friends with her, and were so close to her, why didnt large groups of you stay with her to keep her off drugs, get her into rehab many more times till it worked eventually, whatever it took???

Makes me sick to see posts like these after someone OD's or dies from years of usage and then says oh what a lost soul, or we knew it would kill her eventually, blah blah. STOP AND SLAP YOURSELF IN THE FACE AND SAY YOU SHOULD HAVE HELPED HER THEN, THEN WHEN SHE NEEDED IT. SOME FRIENDS, ITS AN ATROCITY THAT YOU WOULD EVEN TWITTER SUCH CRAP. NOT LOVING AMY, YOU ALL LET HER DIE.

EVERYONE ELSE, NEXT TIME YOU KNOW SOMEONE, LOVE SOMEONE WHO NEEDS HELP DO NOT LEAVE THEIR SIDE UNTIL THEY GET IT, NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES IT TAKES.
The only one I ever saw try to help her was her father.

Sandra

I agree with Susie.

If they really were as close friends as they claim why didn't they do anything? I know it's hard to tell an addict what to do, but look at Steve-O. The whole Jackass gang confronted him about his problems and he's clean now.

me

Some of you posters (TMZ itself included: "Who's to blame?") are so dumb. Educate yourself on addiction: Nobody can help..., nobody is to blame...

I will ever remember her like in the "Valerie" video, produced by Mark. I wasn't a fan of her music... but I love this song and she was so energetic!

susan

Mark Ronson is a hypocrite, Amy Winehouse called him out last year. Amy wrote most of the songs, performed them and had a vital part in production yet Mark Ronson claimed the credit.

There was also a rumor he did drugs with Amy so his twitter message is meaningless and pathetic.

susan

Mark Ronson is a hypocrite. Amy Winehouse called him out last year. She wrote the songs, performed them, had a vital part in their production yet he claimed the praise.

There was also a rumor he did drugs with Amy so his twitter message means NOTHING. He's a famew.hore.

Dutchguy

Mark is the co-producer of Back to Black. He deserves every bid of credit for that record. Just as George Martin for Sgt. Peppers of The Beatles, Alan Parsons for Dark Side of The Moon from Pink Floyd and William Orbit for Madonna's Ray of Light.

kate

R.I.P Amy Winehouse.Seems to me the Ronson's are looking for attn today.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2