'Spider-Man' Bad Guy Arrested at Comic-Con

7/23/2011 7:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rhys Ifans -- who plays the villain Lizard in the upcoming "The Amazing Spider-Man" -- was arrested for battery at Comic-Con yesterday after an alleged altercation with a security guard.

0723_rhys_ifans_getty_bn
According to police, a member of Ifans' entourage did not have the proper credentials to get in to a particular area -- and that's when Ifans became "abusive, belligerent and aggressive, and shoved a female security guard."

A police spokeswoman said Ifans smelled like alcohol, but was not cited for public intoxication.

The female security guard in question made a citizen's arrest and San Diego police issued him a citation for misdemeanor battery.

South Beach

What a d*ck. Too bad they didn't shoot him.

Sloane

he was just toooooo funny in the 1999 movie Notting Hill as Spike, Hugh Grant's flat mate!!!!

that's what I always think of first when I hear his name or see his picture-and I can't help but chuckle inside

some guy

"Nerds Gone Wild"

Get Joe on the line. That ****.

truth

Nice. Egomaniac jerk.

daftshadow

This ******* *******. This guy is the type of guy who thinks he is better than everyone else because he is a celebrity. Hate mother******* like him!

dgk

it made him cooler in my book haha

Ralph langer

The volunteer and security staff at Comic Con enforce inane rules and regulations that make absolutely no sense except to bully and intimidate the people attending. Now it looks like they are also going after the actors. They bully, yell, and harass. Believe me, I have wanted to do more than push these as&@:$es who work at Comic Con!!!

Pondscum

What an IDIOT! If he doesn`t like the U.S. then F*** him, let him stay across the pond and see how `acting` work he gets. Immigration should revoke his work visa just for being an ahole!!!

IWASTHERE

That guy was an ass. Celebrity or not, attacking a woman? What a loser. It makes me not want to watch the new Spiderman.

Its me

Why is it always the Security Guard, the one person covering their ass, that gets the abuse? She was just doing her job. Would he have done that if she wasn't a she?