Amy's Mom: Her Death Was 'Only a Matter of Time'

7/24/2011 7:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Many people believed Amy Winehouse's hard partying ways would lead to her early death ... including her own mother.

0724_amy_winehouse_mother_janis_getty_bn
Janis Winehouse told The Daily Mirror today she believed Amy's death was "only a matter of time" -- this after seeing her just the day before. She told the paper, "She seemed out of it. But her passing so suddenly still hasn’t hit me."

She said Amy told her she loved her as they parted company on Friday, saying, "They are the words I will always treasure ... I'm glad I saw her when I did."

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

near09

It is ridiculous for people to blame her mother or her handlers. The lyrics to "Rehab" spell out starkly how defiant and resistant Amy was to any attempt to get her to change her life. Since she was a grown woman, and wealthy enough to exclude her parents from her life if they became troublesome, all they could do was love her and watch her self destruct. She said herself, "they tried to make me go to rehab - I SAID NO, NO, NO... I WON'T GO, GO GO.

gg

I FEEL BAD FOR AMY WINEHOUSE ONLY 27 MY GOD IT FEELS LIKE AN ANGEL FLEW AWAY XOXOXOOXOXOXOOXOOX AMY WINEHOUSE

Bettsie

Poor Amy and her mother and father to lose such a great talent, now we only have the crummy beyonce and britney, gaga ete. . She should have been put in a hospital and put on a suicide watch and try to help her. I guess all the "if onlys"are to late now. Rest In Peace to a really sweet person. Amy Winehouse from your fan forever Elizabeth Greene

kemi

how sad!

Tygerlilee

May the Winehouse family find peace in this tragic time.
No parent should ever have to bury their child.
What kind of ******y indeed Amy; RIP gyal.

tcidda

even mom knows

Shakey Pete

I tell you one thing mates, they ain't selling me no story how she was having withdrawals from laying off the drink. RUBBISH!! In fact she was plain out lit the last few nights here,and plenty of people to say to it you know. It is heartbreaking, absolutely sad you know, to have seen her become a tragic figure. She was lost mate, that' s all that best says it I think. Just lost. I seen people like her get straight through going to Jesus. She seemed that lost. Not saying its for everyone right, just that she fit the bill for lost.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7