Casey Anthony's Parents Reach Out to Rascal Flatts

7/25/2011 4:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Casey Anthony's parents are trying to arrange a meet-and-greet with the band Rascal Flatts -- all to give the lead singer one big thank you for writing an emotional tribute to Caylee Anthony.

0722-anthonys-rascal-flats-ex2

TMZ has learned ... George and Cindy Anthony reached out to the band's reps this week after hearing the song, "She's Going Places" -- which lead singer Gary LeVox (right) co-wrote with another singer named Cledus T. Judd.

But the band isn't exactly in a hurry to respond -- a rep for Rascal Flatts tells us the band is mulling it over and has yet to decide if they'll meet up with the Anthonys.

If you haven't heard the song, the lyrics are pretty heartrending -- "She was just a baby, barely 2 years old / A story that shouldn’t have to be told" -- so if you're in the mood to tear up, take a listen.

tt

These poor people, especially, George took a beating because of the BAD SEED (Casey). I pray that all the bull that they were put through doesn’t affect their marriage. They are really good people; I know that Caylee is proud to have them as Grandparents.

Sloane

hard decision for the band

if Cindy hadn't lied on the stand their decision would have been easier and they probably would have said yes immediately

once Cindy lied she became complicit in her daughters crime (even if it was long after the fact) and the world no longer saw her as the distraught, grief stricken, loving grandmother who had also been vicitmized in a way from her daughter's heinous crime

feel bad for the band
whatever decision they come to we need to respect
because it's is also George to be considered- he did not stoop to lies under oath

VsulEfx

I'd like to know if Rascal Flatts is making any profit from the song. I love them and I'm thinking they aren't...

Sandy

WOW!!! Talk about a tear jerker!! That is a beautiful tribute to Cayllee!!! There is nothing wrong with George and Cindi wanting to them them!! I wonder if Casey will also thank them Oh yea Its not about her so I don't think she cares!!!!!!

conniegail421

Attention TT, you obviously need to do alot more research on these people.

Cravin Morehead

Run as far as you can from the Anthonys!

They're all a bunch of LIARS!!!

some guy

Ugh... wonder how long before the Anthonys start doing the talk show circuit and monster truck rallies. Maybe a paid speaking gig?

Maybe Casey should have more kids so her parents can get even more famous.

carina

They should just let the song stand on it's own merits. Casey Anthony is a piece of ****!

Sloane

suggestion for Rascal Flats

because the death of this little girl has touched you so much
please become vocal and even possibly a public face to unite the country and your fans in a campaign to have their senators and congressional reps

PASS CAYLEE'S LAW ....NATIONALLY.....QUICKLY

it should take no debate, no grandstanding and not time away from other imporant issues they have to deal with

it is a 5 minute formality once the law is worded

coomason

I had heard that she wanted $1 mil for an interview! Have the contract stipulate that the entire amount go to child abuse and she would receive none. She has more **** than a Christmas turkey.

Deesker

That isn't the lead singer of Rascal Flatts singing that song. What are they going to do with the profits??

Jack

TMZ wrote "If you haven't heard the song, the lyrics are pretty heartrending".

For some reason, the word "hearTRENDING" stood out for me. I hope they're not profiting on this and trying to make money off of what's trending now. I hope this is genuine.

Janice

Rascal Flatts - that is a beautiful tribute to Caylee... Please ignore the people saying you are in it for the money. But I beg of you, do not meet with the Anthony's. There is no need for that. I agree with others, they helped their daughter get away with murder. I believe the Anthony's truly loved Caylee and feel horrible about what has happened, but they should have never helped their daughter by telling lies on the witness stand. Casey might possibly be paying for her crimes if it weren't for the lies told (especially by Cindy). Who cares if George had an affair... Casey is a murderer and needs to pay for her crime. I think your celebrity status would be put to better use by joining the many who would like to see Casey tried by the US Supreme Court on Federal charges under the Dual Sovernity laws. This is NOT DOUBLE JEOPARDY. If you and some of your celebrity friends would help find justice for Caylee in that arena, the US Attorneys office might be forced to listen. Please consider this option over meeting with the Anthony's. Thank you for writing a beautiful tribute to Casey, now take it a step further...

Linda

This song is precious and a tribute to little Caylee. PLEASE, PLEASE don't meet these grandparents that lied for their daughter to be set free.. I love this band, but this would be the end of buying their music.. This precious child was murdered !!! These grand parents I am sure loved Caylee but not enough to stand up for her in the end. Caylee is in a better place away from all of the Anthony's.

Janice

Ugg... I meant Thank you for writing a beautiful tribute to CAYLEE, not Casey!