Rome from 'Sublime' -- AMAZING Winehouse Tribute

7/25/2011 8:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sublime's new frontman Rome was so moved when he heard about Amy Winehouse's passing ... he hit the recording studio and busted out a version of "Rehab" in her honor ... and it's AMAZING.

072511_winehouse_tribute_still

Rome included this message with the video, "I recorded this tribute for Amy Winehouse after I heard the news of her passing. she is a huge inspiration to my music. We miss you Amy."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

EvilPromise

wow, Rome Exploits Amy before she's even in the ground!

Sublime sales & exposure that bad are they?

Justin

First M.I.A rushing to the studio with "27" and now Rome. Hey, someone died, look at me!

jacquie

this guy is the frontman of sublime??? things change i guess he seems really pop... i understand why he did the cover but at the same time now that its on TMZ hes gonna make some bucks off of it so it makes me question his motives

aquanet

WOW! What a great job! Amazing! I bet she would have loved it!
If you sell it through itunes and donate the proceeds to a drug rehab org I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Frank

it sucks and Sublime's window is closed! A Nowell he is not, 2011 Sublime is whack!

JustaGuy

Obviously there is no doubt that the reason he did this was that he know it would get him some attention.

He is obviously just another w..h...o..r..e in a business of w..h..o.r..e.s

Dana

That was dope! RIP Amy

claudia304

This Rendition of Rehab was AWESOME!!!WOW What a great tribute to Amy Winhouse!! She never had peace in her life hopfully God will give her peace with him!! RIP What a great talent we lost!!

claudia304

this rendition of Rehab was awesome!!! What a great tribute to Amy Winehouse the poor soul that was never at peace!! I hope with GOD she will find peace now!!!RIP

No comment

Is it really a tribute to cover Amy's song? Hmmm, I wonder if he will release it for sale and make money off her? How many other people are going to pay tribute to her by singing Rehab?

irma

omg that was hot

Lee

I have never cared for sublime. First time i have heard this guy, and wow. amazing. RIP Amy

stevenjaba

Wow, that was really good. This guy's got the kind of voice that I wish I could just curl up in. I hope everyone's predictions of his intentions are wrong - I hope we are all just being cynical.

My ears are bleeding

Hmmmm "AMAZING" isn't the word I would have picked. Apperently whoever wrote this piece is tone deaf. Just another person trying to make cash off of someone else's death. Then again I'm sure he sang it better then Amy who was probley propped up when recording it spun outta her mind. Oh well druggies will stick together. Like everyone didn't see her death coming. I won't morn for her just like I didn't for Ryan Dunn. Even though she didn't kill anyone else just herself. So I give her props for that.

GBeach

What was Amy Winehouse known for besides drugs, drugs, and more drugs? I pulled a video up on Youtube to see what the hype was about. I mean come on, I had heard of HER but never any of her music. She had a good voice. To bad she didn't go to rehab and learn from it. Now she's just another weird chick who died of drugs. She and Michael Jackson should make good company; two weirdos who died from a drug overdose.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments