Casey Anthony's Parents -- $250,000 Doesn't Cut It!!!

7/26/2011 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The network bidding war over key interviews in the Casey Anthony case has gone into the stratosphere ... because TMZ has learned a syndicated talk show was laughed at with a bid of $250,000 for Casey's PARENTS!!!

0726_anthony_stations_EX2

The bidding has gone crazy ... we're hearing the bidding for a Casey interview was over $1.5 million.

Now ABC News has just released a statement, saying it will no longer pay for photos and video in exchange for interviews.

The announcement comes days after TMZ published a story ... that Casey's lawyer, Jose Baez, was holed up in the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in New York City, taking bids from NBC, ABC and CBS.  As we reported, Baez was in the Hotel bar Thursday night, discussing strategy with famed lawyer Mark Geragos.

Our sources say all three networks were offering the same deal -- they would pay a fortune to license photos and video from Casey. Short story -- it's a dishonest way of saying they don't pay for interviews.

We're told NBC -- which paid for Baez' hotel room -- was leading the pack in the Casey bidding war, even though the Network denied it was offering any money for an interview -- which is technically correct.

In its statement, ABC says, "We can book just about anyone based on the strength of our journalism."

Sure they can.

tmz-top-comments-banner
Wellington Wellington

Just when I think the Anthonys can't get any more loathsome and disgusting, they do. And the networks fighting over them are bottom feeders.

Liz Liz

Has any one thought of the fact that Casey ia a LIAR? She wouldn't recognize the truth for any amount of money. Who really cares what she or any one has to say the fact is a baby is dead and a killer has gone free.

paigehop paigehop

It is disgusting and weird, BUT those people are dirt poor from this whole horrible situation. I'm guessing they'll never find work again. They didn't kill Caylee. I don't know... toughy!

br />

tmz-top-comments-banner
Wellington Wellington

Liz Liz

paigehop paigehop

cmueller cmueller

It would be blood money. It is so wrong.

Carrie Carrie

How about the NETWORKS all give the $$$ they are willing to spend on any interview to the Missing Children groups to help find those children whose parents did the right thing and yet suffer because there are no resources to find them.

ZB ZB

Bottom line...she was not convicted...think what you will...but she wasn't...and now she has to try and live a life basically in danger and in hiding...I would be looking for a payday too...for plastic surgery...name change...hell maybe a new country to call home.

maggiesmom

all right ABC.. now hopefully the other networks will follow.. These vultures who call themselves the Anthonys should not be paid a dime.. What a sick family.. they are making money off a 2 year old little girl and anyone, inluding anyone who pays them money for their lies are saying its okay to murder and make money off of it... lets do the right thing and show them that they cannot get away with murdering a child and make money from it.. I will never promote anything that has to deal with this including any sponsers that have anything to do with any the media networks that promote this in any way.

becky

It kills me when the news media are now reporting on poor Casey and how she has agreed to seek help and oh boohoo boohooooo. She killed her baby. She threw her away like trash. She lied about it for 31 one days. she will never receive any emotion from me nor the 12 people who only took 11 hours to review 350 pieces of evidence that proved her guilt. They all have to sleep with that at night.

Sally

Baez is LYING. He can't get any money for an interview, so he's SPINNING it that she DOESN'T WANT ONE, that she wants to go to therapy. Casey wants to go to therapy as much as Amy wanted to go to rehab, NEVER.

Sally

A lie detector test can be EASILY beat. The Green River killer passed one, that killed 50 women. That' why they are not admissible in court.

Chris

Every single person who comes on this comment board and says it's disgusting, will mostly take money too if they were in their shoes.

Don't give me your BS stories about it, ohh it's so wrong....oh it's blood money....oh it's not right....STFU!

All you idiots will take every dime for an interview, and YOU KNOW IT!

Helene

I am a loyal watcher of TMZ and I log on to your website as well. I love to watch the show, but if you continue to dedicate ANY amount of time or coverage to the Anthonys or what they may or may not be doing (including the attorneys) I will have no choice but to boycott your show and the site. I will also go on Facebook and Twitter and have my friends do the same. It is disgusting that people want to profit froma babykiller and you reporting on it is equally disturbing. You are very well aware of how people feel. SHES A REAL LITTLE GIRL, this isnt Hollywood or LA LA LAND. SHAME ON YOU

missr

It's hard to put into words how sick this all makes me. How low can you go than to let a murderer walk free like the jury did, so she can make a million off her daughter which she murdered in cold blood. How vile for grandparents to profit off their grand child's murder. This family is is bunch of lying, thieving, murdering low life's! I feel sorry for the people in their neighborhood for having to live with them. And I feel sorry for America that we have to hear about them. I will boycott any book, interview, whatever they do and I hope they rot in hell along with their greedy, slimy, disgusting lawyers and jury.

C

You couldn't pay ME a half million to watch these low lives. In fact, I will never allow the 'winning' network on in my home ever again. It's one thing to keep up on the news and things of interest, but I will do without it all if this happens. To hell with that whole disgusting family and the sooner the better. Baez, you too, can fry in hell!

jackie

as a grandmother myself i just cant believe these people, i love my daughter but i would never lie for her if i thought she had done something to one of my babies and for these people to be looking for money from this, they didnt care anything for caylee either!! Hell is waiting for this bunch and its not going to be hot enough!!

Brun

Do these people have a conscience ? Bloodmoney for a little girl deprived of her life ? It disgusts me to no end. I will boycott anything and everything which comes out about this sick family.

In the end they will ALL get what they deserve....no one escapes this life without paying their dues.

md mom

BOYCOTT ANYONE WHO PUTS THIS MURDEROUS SLUT ON TV FOR EVEN 1 MORE SECOND!!!
NETWORKS-YOU ARE ON NOTICE-WHETHER THROUGH THE FRONT DOOR OR THE BACK DOOR-IF YOU DO BUSINESS WITH THE ANTHONY'S-BAEZ OR ANY OF THE OTHER GUILTY PEOPLE WE WILL MOST ASSUREDLY BOYCOTT YOU, YOUR SPONSORS AND MAKE YOU WISH YOU HAD ETHICS!

traci

There lying, there just hating the negative response they are getting.

toasty

WHERE THE HELL IS KARMA! SHOULD HAVE BEEN HERE BY NOW! I AM TIRED OF WAITING FOR THEM ALL TO GET THEIRS!

karen stine

mothers of America Boycott anthing Casey Anthony & her defense team in memory Of Caylee Anthony whose little body was left in a swamp!!!!! No mother would ever Do such a horriable thing too their daughter If it was a accident!! walks like a duck it is a duck call her what she is !!! she got lucky with a jury that was bias!!!!!!!

JenninCanada

TMZ should STOP posting all this crap about this family. Have you all forgotten that a little 2-1/2 year old was KILLED??!! Why are you finding ANYTHING that this family says or does entertainment??!! The only thing I want to read about the Anthony's is the GIGANTIC boycott that the US has placed on their entire family. Come on USA, the rest of the world is watching you. DO what's right by this little child. BOYCOTT!