PETRA ECCLESTONE

I'm Not Spoiled...I'M PRIVILEGED

7/29/2011 11:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

072911_perta_video
22-year-old BILLION-heiress Petra Ecclestone -- the chick who just bought Candy Spelling's mansion for $85 MILLION -- says she's NOT spoiled ... she's privileged -- and there's a HUGE difference.

Ecclestone spoke with "Good Morning America" -- and explained why she decided to purchase the home ... saying, "It was a great investment, and I got a really good deal and it was, like, prime real estate."

0729_candy_mansion_subasset
When asked why she didn't use the money to pay for affordable homes for 1000's of families -- she replied, "I help as much as I can, but at the end of the day ... however much the house has costed, that's not going to kind of I dunno ... like change the world I don't think."

Petra -- daughter of a Formula 1 racing tycoon -- added, "I'm not going to not live in a certain way ... just because there are people less fortunate than I am."

Does Petra have a point?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

some guy

Meh... this chick may be spoiled, but I don't understand why she should feel obligated to build thousands of homes for people. People shouldn't be shamed into doing charity work.

..EW..

Good for her! The bottom line is: somebody will always have more money that you do. Let her enjoy her privilege! I would if I could too!

Jay

So she is now TMZ worthy because she bought a house? Well I guess she is better than that baby killer.

marie

at least she does help some people out i guess, and doesn't have the nerve to ask for gifts for her wedding.

Thrasherfan

She owns 'several' $65K Hermes handbags.

One thing money hasn't bought her....common sense. Who pays $65K for a purse?!

spyke

I think she totally made her point. Why shouldn't she spend her money any way she pleases and if she does indeed help out then everything she said is true and makes sense.

Truth

It's not her, or anyone's, responsibility to throw a bunch of money at poor people. That doesn't fix anything. Those people have been receiving govt entitlements for 4 decades now and are as poor as ever.

She got a steal of a deal. When times get better, she can probably sail that big house to someone and double her money.

grace

sHE IS BEAUTIFUL AND SMART SHE STUDIED IN SWITZERLAND SHE IS WAY BETTER THAN THE KARDASCHIAN CLAN ...PARIS AND NICKY ARE IN HER LEAGUE...GOOD 4 HER ...GRACE

SSinOC

Sounds like she has a brain. Probably a little too frank is all.

Abby

"..however much the house has COSTED"??? Seriously? All that money can't buy proper grammar, I suppose.

Chris

Now that I hear her speak....she's not the brightest pea in the pot.

Fallopia Lopez

Vapid B.

tiffany

Its not her responsibility to buy houses for everyone else...if her family has the money to buy the house, let her. Why do we live in a country where everyone is expected to pay for everyone else? like she said she helps out the best that she can but in the end you can't help everyone...

Pompano Ann

As long as she understands the difference and doesn't act like a brat and gets out of control. Now as far as her spending it's her buisness; we're all human and I am sure most of us would endulge; not everyone is meant to have money; most human nature would not handle it well.

Dan

Good thing she has daddy's $$$$ otherwise she might be vying to be Hef's next wife

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments