REPORT:

CHARLIE'S FUNERAL

IN 'MEN' PREMIERE

8/2/2011 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0802_sheenLooks like Charlie Sheen's character will be six feet under when "Two and a Half Men" returns this fall.

After TMZ reported Sheen's Charlie Harper will be killed off ... and now, according to Deadline.com, Harper's funeral will take place at the beginning of the September 19 show.

The episode will reportedly open with a memorial service attended by Harper's many girlfriends. Charlie's beach pad -- the home he shares with Alan and Jake -- will then go up for sale and real-life celebs are all potential buyers.

According to the report, Ashton Kutcher's character will likely buy the house and somehow Jon Cryer and Angus T. Jones stay in the picture.

R.I.P.

0801_charlie_harper_footer

Anna

This is so sad...I mean, I love Ashton, but Charlie Sheen was the reason why I watched the show. He made the show what it became, I just don't think it'll be the same without him. I have a feeling they're going to end up canceling it. It saddens me that Charlie chose this drug filled life over his career. What a waste, I hope someday he turns his life around and stop being such a embarrassment. I fear the day when I'll read a tabloid saying "Charlie Sheen, dead from overdose"...so sad.... Please come back to us Charlie before its too late

datruth

So let me guess, then asston will run around being a goofy, pretty airhead, wow, this sounds beyond lame, the show, much like Charlie's character is dead, let it rest in peace

Julie

I still thought Charlie doing his children's singing act, was it Charlie Waffles or something, in Europe would have been a funnier subplot. Still could have made so much fun of him. Momma could have visted and told the crazy stories of the stupidity that Charlie Waffles does. Then, with Ashton, subleasing the place and of course, his brother still won't leave as he is such a cheapskate. Could have eased him out in a much funnier way as eventually we would all forget of Charlie. Sorry, I don't feel bad for Charlie, as honestly, his behavior is not professional enough for a set, so why defend him? We have all loved Ashton, so why is it his fault he landed this job?

penny

Lorre, you are a real jerk. That is the worst idea in the world. You are mean spirited and spiteful. I will not be watching this show. There is no reason for you to do this in this manner. In fact the best way is just not to even mention Charlie and let Ashton try to make us believe. Everyone would be watching to see if Charlies comes back for a visit. I see FAILURE written all over this new show.

edward

two and a half men won´t be the same ever again. maybe it might be funny and all but without charlie there´s no reason for the show continues.

Marissa

They should have just canceled the show.

RoseRed

Seriously, Ashton Kutcher??? I love Jon Cryer and Angus but I can'*****ch that c-grade actor take over the show. I'll be watching Charlie's new show. If they had replaced Charlie with Rob Lowe then I'd watch, Kutcher can only play one character he has no range. Chuck Lorre, you're gonna get what you deserve, a puppy who can't act.

Elizabeth

This used to be my ALL-TIME favorite show. I will never ever watch it again without Charlie. He made the show. And, I personally can't stand Ashton Kutcher. He so totally does not deserve that job and he has no talent. He plays the same character over and over. Boring.

Justfacts

Chuck lacks the spark he once had. A funeral for Charlie, and celebs looking to buy house, how stupid, lame etc.....
I for one was planning to watch because I really loved the show, but after hearing this, noooo way. Ashton will never hold this show to the same standard or to the ratings it once had.
2 1/2 Men RIP

RedCarpet88

Definitely dont sit right with me, at all.

Shread

Jong gets wood over Casey Anthony.....thats his cred around here.
lol

spyke

Stop telling us the effing plot! You guys are as bad as those internet nerds who like to "leak" plot details of upcoming movies. Now shut up already!

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

David Jong: about an hour ago

@piggy

You're starting to bore me, as usual, your latest post just sounds like all the other garbage you put up. So tedious.
I'm going to log for now. Gotta meet my weed dealer. Feel free to post away. Guess you have nothing better to do at TMZ.
Really is a shame how so many people are looking for a job and you do nothing at yours.

DAVID DONG MUST HAVE A SMALL PENIS....CAUSE HE SURE IS A BIG (d) ICK! and talk about boring people......!

SiouxCityBoy

The story line you mention does not get any accolades from me. I do like Ashton, he could be a valuable character in the series. I would rather for Charlie's demise a nose-dive in the car off Mulholland Drive and Ashton's character either being a lost brother of Alan and Jake (perhaps Evelyn gave up the newborn because her husband had died 9 months earlier? or maybe he had him while on vacation in the Orient and he was stolen at birth? In both cases she would not mention his existence to her other baby sons) OR make Ashton's new character to be a son of Charlie, perhaps back when Charlie was 15 years old and going out with his school teacher? In any case Ashton needs to be brought in as a member of the family, and Bertha and Rose and Evelyn all need to be also retained because they all add to the program.

SiouxCityBoy

People are complaining about how a lead member in an ensemble cast leaving will ruin a show. How it will never again be great. Well I know for a fact that many lead characters have either left or been killed off in : NCIS, NCIS-LA; CSI (Las Vegas); CSI-New York; CSI-Miami. They all still get excellent ratings. In the "olden days" character changes were done on MASH and Bonanza with no ill effect.