The Salahis

G'DAY to 'Dancing with the Stars'

8/3/2011 2:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0802_SALAHI_DWTS_AUSTRAlia
Alleged White House crashers Tareq and Michaele Salahi are HUGE down under -- in fact, we're told, the "Real Housewives of DC" stars are closing in on a deal to appear on Australia's "Dancing with the Stars."

The offer's already on the table for next season -- and sources tell TMZ, Tareq and Michaele are just hammering out the nitty gritty before signing on the dotted line.

And to prove just how famous they are over there -- we're told the couple also shot a commercial for an Australian laundry detergent last week ... LAUNDRY DETERGENT.

0802-salihi-tmz-v2_sub
G status.

Reg

Maybe if they come to oz they can be exchanged for some refugees and immedialely be sent to malaysia. Just a thought.

Lyn d

I am an Aussie! I know who they are and have watched them on housewives. But I can assure them they are not popular. Won't make me watch DWTS

Kristy

They are not remotely known here in Australia...clearly this is some media spin, probably perpetuated by the Salahis themselves!!

ODE1

Rubbish, If it were not for TMZ we would not know who they are.
THey are LIEING

Boyson

Give me us break TMZ! This was a story planted (dare I say sold) by Tareq Salahi. If you were really interested in reporting real news, why not inquire about the 2 pending civil court cases in their Virgina Wine Tour business.

Check the complaints in tripadvisor, yelp, and the BBB.

Reg

Re: All you Aussies out there,
Are you as proud as me to live in the best country in the world.

tristan@sydney

Umm NO! One of the perks of coming home was I got as far away as possible from them.. unfortunately our security in the capitol is even weaker than yours so i guess we will wait and see if they attend a parliamentary dinner, secure a reality show deal, saturate our entertaiment news programs and then buy a vineyard..

Lisa

Another Australian - who?

Nikita

I've heard of them.. but they are not famous here in Australia and we certainly do not love them. Much like a lot of Aussies here, I heard of them through TMZ.

Karina Callinan

Proud Aussie and I can say i've never heard of these 'celbrities'. After googling them i've decided that its pretty sad who u guys class as celebs....

PaulWS

Hopefully they stay down there in that prison colony. Maybe they could both be bit by a funnel web spider.

Patricia

I'm an Aussie and don't know who they are except for when they made the news for gate crashing the White House. Obviously they are a pair of desperate money hungry attention seeking whores!

magmax

Maybe the Aussies could put together a show for these two mopes where every week kangaroos kick the crap out of them.

Jen

I'm another Aussie that's never heard of them! go away Salahi's

sarah

hmmm very doubtful. am aussie and have never heard of them either :|