Ex-Chili Peppers Guitarist

'I FEAR I'M BEING STALKED'

8/8/2011 2:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0808_john_frusciante_EX
Former Red Hot Chili Peppers guitarist John Frusciante believes he's being "stalked" by an obsessed female fan ... claiming "I am worried that she is unstable and that she could snap at any moment."

Frusciante filed the request in L.A. last week, saying a 32-year-old woman named August Elizabeth Thomas approached him in 2010 in the hopes of writing a screenplay about his life ... but she wouldn't take no for an answer.

In the docs, Frusciante claims Thomas began firing off aggressive emails and letters -- described as "long, rambling and overly emotional -- and in some cases, she would admit that she is 'often drunk.'" He claims Thomas also showed up to concerts where his rocker wife Nicole Turley was performing to talk about her script.

Frusciante -- who played off and on with RHCP since 1988 -- says the final straw was when Thomas showed up to his home on July 28 ... and AGAIN on July 29.  Frusciante explains, "I feel like I'm being stalked."

He adds, "I fear both for my safety and for my wife's safety. Given that my wife and I are musicians and often play at venues around the world, it is hard for us to avoid Ms. Thomas if she is free to continually show up to harass us."

Both sides are due in court later this month. Calls and emails to Thomas were not immediately returned.

Mimi

turns out she is on Facebook as someone else who commented mentioned... the link to her profile is http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=512479452&ref=ts#!/profile.php?id=500228442 LOL

Reality80

With the amount of drugs that destroyed his brain this stalker is probably imaginary

frufan

i'm so shocked to read this!!!!!!!!! i hope this women will be put behind bars!

jmchilipeppers

imagine if he love's to be on the radio and mtv.

Brandon

FRUSCIANTE IS MARRIED?!

Maria

Meet the "stalker"... http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=500228442

Theresa

I used to love him and the RHCP until the last time my daughter and I saw them in Oklahoma City. Their backup singer was a guy named Mickey Avalon who was acting very lewd and vulgar. The crowd got offended and started booing. JF told us all that we would remember the day that we got to see MA and started going off on us saying that we were ignorant and this guy was going to be famous. He was really hateful to all the RHCP fans. He's a great guitar player but he is too arrogant and his solo work is creepy. Looking forward to seeing the band with Josh K!

Jenny

What he meant to say was "Given that I am a musician and my wife is a "musician" we play live but not often."

Jon Oswald

actually, there is a IMDb profile . http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2972828/

bibi

To Nick sunset...John has heard voices since he was kid,it havent nothing do with drugs

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3