Hair Band LEGENDS Unite

To Honor Jani Lane

8/19/2011 3:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0818_jani_lane_poster_ex_2

Some of the biggest hair bands you haven't heard from in 20 years are REUNITING in Los Angeles next weekend ... all to pay tribute to their fallen comrade Jani Lane ... and they're doing it for free.

Great White, Quiet Riot, LA Guns, Enuff Z'nuff and Slammin' Gladys are all set to perform at the Key Club in Hollywood -- and we're told Lane's family will be there.

300 FREE tickets will be given out at the Key Club box office starting at 10:00 AM.

Lane -- the former lead singer for the rock band Warrant -- died last week at an L.A. hotel. Officials have not released his official cause of death.

0812_jani_lane_footer

TMZISAPIECEOFSHIT

that's wonderful. Now who in the ---- is he? Nevermind, I don't care.

Rage

Right on, I'll be there :)

Ghost Rider

Man, if I was not working for the weekend the Strip is the place to bee, bad hair bands and all.

Cujeaux

I can picture the scene - pot bellies in spandex, 20 year old concert t-shirts, long hair that's half gone and some really, really bad music for the half deaf masses.

GlassJoe

Wow, the first comments on here are sad. These bands paying tribute to Jani with a free show I think is pretty cool. If any new info needs to be updated, I'll provide it in my related blog story here: http://www.superloud.net/2011/08/hair-band-legends-unite-to-honor-jani.html

RealityBites

Since it's free I think it's sweet, it would have been nice to raise some money for his kid(s) or a charity though....

jerseymomma

The leader singer of Quiet riot is dead also. he died in 2007

crazysteve

I know TMZ is based in LA, however the world doesn't revolve around your city. I think very few outside of the US southwest would not give a rat's a**.

cknj

I dont think i would call that lineup "legends", but none the less, nice gesture..rock on!!!

some guy

I can't help but feel all these bands are trying to cash in on Jani's death. Got a feeling they'll try to put a tour together if this thing's successful.

Bubbles The Chimp

L.A. GUNS is good. The rest are rubbish bands.

Rotter

Free concert? Ain't nothin' free, man. Guarantee there will be some angle to make money off of this. I'm guessing they will film the performances and try to sell them at some point. Jus*****ch.

Skeep

I wish they would have done an online drawing or had a sale of these tickets and donate the money to a good cause. Us that live 100 miles away and have to work for a living, can't sleep on the street and wait in line for a chance to attend this show. Also the "True" fans won't be able to get tickets and I'm sure that some folks standing in line are looking for resale of them. They need to be beat down for even attempting to sell these tickets!

Lorren

I hope Great White doesn't set the place on fire and kill 100 at this show... ********

Turbo

Reuniting? Um not exactly, these bands have pretty much been touring all along, not original members but still. Sorry none of you seem to care.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments