Mel Gibson

Actor to Pay Oksana $750,000

8/31/2011 8:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0831-mel-oksana-ex
Mel Gibson
has agreed to fork over $750,000 to his baby mama Oksana Grigorieva as part of their custody settlement ... TMZ has  learned.

According to the terms of the agreement, revealed today in court, Mel will give Oksana the money in 3 installments of $250,000 -- the first payment will be made when the deal is signed today.

The next payment will be made on Sept. 15, 2013 -- and the final payment will be made on Jan. 1, 2016.

Today in court, the judge in the custody case said the couple will have joint legal and physical custody of their daughter Lucia.

The judge also said the house that Oksana and Lucia are living in will be sold when Lucia turns 18 and the money will be placed in a trust for Lucia.

083111_oksana_v2_videoThe couple also agreed that no books can be written by either party ABOUT the other party. The judge also mentioned that neither party can hire a ghost-writer to write a book about the other party either.

If any repairs need to be made on Oksana's home, Mel is required to pay for the work -- up to $5,000.

The judge asked both Mel and Oksana if they understood and agreed to the terms of the settlement -- and they both replied, "Yes."

During the hearing, Mel addressed the judge and said, "Thanks for a reasonable conclusion."

Oksana also spoke ... saying, "Thanks to the judge for the tremendous help to resolve this matter."

Amanda

she got way way more than she should have....ughhh that useless slut

Dale

She'll take it all from Lucia.

bagladey

OG was just a breath away from $15 million, then she got dirty and greedy, made a big scene and a scandal, a big mess for everybody and then ends up with 1/20th of the amount that she refused. This is justice.

Jack

is the extortionist also getting monthly child support in addition to the 750k? she is disgusting.

moxie

Well, Mel, I hope the scroo'in you got was worth the scroo'in you got.

Frieda

Extortionist supreme! She deserves NOTHING but at least she got a lot less than she tried to squeeze out of him in the beginning. She walked away from $15 million because she wanted $100 million. Stupid gold digger and baby peddler! Poor baby

Liz

If you really think about it, she lost big time. 250K now and then again another 250K in 2 years. That means she has to make that last a very long time compare to what she was asking. She is pissed right now about this but she got more than what she deserved but not as much as she wanted. Congrats Mel!

CCC

"Thank you judge for giving me money I don't deserve. I know that when I was laying on my back the meter was running, but for me it was just...how do you say...a formality. Just keep sending me money for this little girl and me, but mostly for me. I would never have made these kind of rubles working the streets of Moscow. Thank you, thank you, thank you. And screw you, mister Mel Gibson."

Frieda

@Fuddy You think Mel came out WELL? Okay, it could have been worse.. or could it? She should be in prison for what she has done!

lrveces

It's alot less than what she would've gotten if she stuck to the original deal. Happy she isn't getting what she was asking, that was just plain greed

Tammy

Well, with this article, the IRS now knows what to expect to see on her taxes and can take their required 45-50% GIFT TAX percentage. Go get the skank, feds!!! She truly is a stupid because look at whats he gave up and Mel has joint legal and physical custody. Mels' lawyers are da bomb!!!

fuddyduddy

Frieda -- yes, I do think Mel came out well. Absolutely. OG still has to pay Eric George. He went after her for 1 million dollars. So, I would think a good chunk of what she was 'awarded' today will go to Eric George. Trust me; EG will put a lien on that amount of money she's got coming! This was justice. AND they got joint physical and legal custody, so Mel does not have to be a visitor in his daughter's life the way she wanted.

KWM

I would still like to know what her immigration status is. I see there is a "T" visa for victims of human trafficking. Perhaps we need a new class "P" for perpetrators of it as well since she used her baby making capacity for extortion.

DeShawn

Only $750,000?

Mel got out easy on that one!

Frieda

"The couple also agreed that no books can be written by either party ABOUT the other party. The judge also mentioned that neither party can hire a ghost-writer to write a book about the other party either. "

Gee, Ox, I wonder why this had to be put in!? What a nightmare. I hope it also specified movies, interviews, reality shows, recordings, old love letters, photos, etc. I wonder what new lies she will pull out of her hat now!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments