Dr. Conrad Murray

You Be the Judge

9/11/2011 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0909_murray
A jury is about to be selected in the Conrad Murray manslaughter trial. Two years have passed since Michael Jackson's death, and we now know a lot -- but not everything -- about what happened on June 25, 2009. So, on the eve of the trial, we gotta ask:

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

HumanNature

ARE YOU PLANNING TO STREAM THE UPCOMING TRIAL LIVE??????

IF SO, COULD YOU PROVIDE A "QUACK" CAM JUST LIKE THEY USED FOR THE CASEY ANTHONY TRIAL!!!!

THAT WAY, MJ FANS CAN WATCH CON "QUACK" THE MURDERER SQUIRM IN THE COURTROOM!!!!

love mj

Murray isn't a scapegoat because he administered the drugs, lied about it to authorities and medical personnel, hid evidence, did half/no a$$ CPR, left MJ alone while under. But, Murray isn't where it ends. AEG and the estate executors need to be looked at. Someone needs to take a real good look at Michael's will and where he was when he supposedly signed it.

who dat

Even when you cut everything else away, Murray administered propofol at home. Which should never be done. He was a Medical Doctor and knew it was dangerous. Then he left his (jacksons) side. Regardless of whatever else happened. Manslaughter 3-7.

HumanNature

1) YES, CON "QUACK" THE MURDERER ALREADY ADMITTED TO POLICE THAT HE PURCHASE, STORE, PRESCRIBE AND ADMINISTER A COMBINATION OF DEADLY DRUGS RESULTING IN THE DEATH OF MICHAEL JACKSON!!!!

THIS "QUACK" MUST HAVE FAILED CHEMISTRY AND BIOLOGY!!!!!

WE ALREADY KNOW THAT HE IS A CARDIOLOGIST THAT DO NOT KNOW HOW TO PERFORM CPR!!!!

2) YES!!!!

California Penal Code 192(b) PC defines "involuntary manslaughter" as an unlawful killing that takes place

during the commission of an unlawful act (not amounting to a felony), or

during the commission of a lawful act which involves a high risk of death or great bodily harm that is committed without due caution or cir****pection.3

3) HELL YES AND HAVE THAT MEDICAL LICENSE TAKEN AWAY FOREVER!!!!!

4) HELL NO!!! THERE IS "NO EVIDENCE" TO SHOW THAT MJ ADMINISTER HIMSELF PROPOFOL!!!!

EVEN THE CORONER RULED THAT MJ DEATH AS AN "HOMICIDE"!!!

5) HELL NO!!! CON "QUACK" THE MURDERER TOOK THE HIPPOCRATIC OATH SWEARING TO PRACTICE MEDICINE ETHICALLY.

6) WHO HAVE BEEN PAYING FOR CON "QUACK" THE MURDERER LEGAL DEFENSE, PR, TRAVEL, MORTGAGE, PERSONAL EXPENSES, MORTGAGE, SECURITY, MEDICAL LICENSE RENEWAL, CHILD SUPPORT AND VACATIONS???? WHO?????

7) YES!!! THE JURY WILL SEE AND LISTEN TO THE FACT(S) OF THE CASE!!!!

IT HAVE BEEN REPORTED THAT CON "QUACK" THE MURDERER WILL TAKE THE STAND IN HIS OWN DEFENSE!!!

8) ONLY IF IT IS NECESSARY DUE TO MEDICAL SURGERY!!!!

9) CON "QUACK" THE MURDERER IS AN ADULTERER, NARCISSIST, LIAR, DEAD BEAT PARENT WHO REFUSE AND WAS ORDER BY THE COURT TO PAY CHILD SUPPORT AND HE HAVE MEDICALLY KILLED A PATIENT BEFORE!!!!

What I Think

Its all good. MJ is dead and that won't change. Thank god.

Mel Zipskin

That Dr. quacks more than the Afflack duck!

The Real JJ

WOWWW How can people say that Murray didn't kill MJ. Not only did he give him an anesthetic without the proper equipment such as respirator, he didn't even properly monitor MJ. Instead he was in the bathroom. Plus he's not authorized to even administer Propofol in the first place. I don't care you think MJ a drug addict he didn't put a gun to Murrays head and say "stick me". He killed MJ bottom line I'm surprised 2yrs later he's still around.

J. Sarayda Shapiro, PhD

I'm very surprised at how many people think Murray is innocent. Giving propofol to someone at a private home, with no monitoring, is way, way, way outside the norm of medical care.

As for the large number of people who think MJ is partly to blame for his own death--MJ wasn't taking drugs recreationally. He had severe anxiety disorders, and his doctors (not just Murray) gave him addictive sedatives when safer drugs were available. Unfortunately, many American doctors don't know how to treat anxiety and prescribe sedatives excessively. In this case, it ended up being fatal.

I'm a psychologist, and I'll have lots more to say about the Murray trial. Please follow my twitter account, @ManInMirrorNews for more details.

Barb. A.

TMZ are you just itching to help the defense cause a mistrial?

jack-55d79

I imagine quite a few people have had propofol, probably without being aware of it, because it is administered in lots of operations. Difference is that it's administered by trained anaesthetists (anesthesiologists) who carefully monitor people in a hospital setting. As I understand it, administering propofol in the setting Dr Murray did is shocking by itself. I don't think Dr Murray is a victim but MJ's part in this is equally important because he must have been aware of the risks, while eccentric I don't think he was stupid when it came to prescription medicine. I think scapegoating Dr Murray would ignore, as evident from MJ's prescription record, the wider problems of doctors colluding with MJ. Dr Murray wasn't the only one, but was unlucky enough to be there when it finally went wrong.

Barb. A.

Don't take this silly poll as a fact because the people who spew hate and have several nic's can go back and vote over many times. All these polls are silly.

Belinda R Barnes

Just two weeks ago I did have propofol administered to me but in a Dr's office and I was awake within 30 minutes and then again just a few days ago. Under the right setting and correct dose it does what it is suposed to do, put you in a twilight sleep for a very short time. I dont know the amount that Dr. Murry or MJ administered but I know how much I had and with no ill effects. MJ hired Dr Murry so he is to blame also for "whatever" went wrong

gruffdan

I just think Murray is a shady person.

themaestrosgirl

IMHO: It was a horrible accident. Michael already paid for the choices he made with his life. How much more can he be punished? It seems that no amount of cruelty is off limits when it comes to Michael Jackson.
Murray also had a part in Michael's death and now it's his turn to be held accountable.
That said, I don't believe Murray should be crucified, either. I feel he should be sentenced to building schools or digging wells in countries where drought and poverty take hundreds of lives each year, mostly children...Or something along those lines.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments