Bam Margera

Detained by Cops

After Taxi Cab Punch-Out

9/12/2011 12:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0912_bam_taxi_V2Bam Margera was detained by police early yesterday morning outside a biker bar in NYC -- after the "Jackass" star allegedly got into a punching match with a cab driver ... then kicked in his car door.

An eyewitness tells TMZ it all went down outside the famous Hogs & Heifers Saloon.  He saw Bam and his friend attack the driver through the car window, so he flagged down cops. We're told Bam walked away ... but the officers caught up to him.

Bam tells a different story.  According the him, the cabbie started the whole thing by calling his lady friend a "slut." Bam says the girl spat at the driver, who in turn grabbed her hair.  Bam says he then dove into the car and began punching on the guy.

Bam acknowledges the cops showed up "but couldn't figure out who to arrest," so everyone walked away ... free to do it again.

0912_cab_damage

NAME

Isnt that porcelain black

James R. - Los Angeles

I don't memba them . . .

liberty

I hate spitters... so nasty. And my 4 year old can make a bigger dent than that.

Trevis Miho

Drunk people can be d#&kheads, cab drivers can be d#%kheads - I almost punched a taxi driver just last week, and he would've deserved it...and maybe I would've deserved it too. I say charge it to the nightlife.

Mazor

Calling someone a slut isn't a crime. Spitting on someone is.

So, actually Bam, your skank wh*re girlfriend started it.

Just like Ryan Dunn went and drove pissed and dug his own grave.

Mikey

Bam was F ing the cab drivers wife. Case closed.

Mikey

Cabbie called her "slut." The girl spat at the driver, who in turn grabbed her hair.

I other words, foreplay.

Strokadellic

What a total f*cking ***** that dude is.

Mimi

Isn't he married? And any woman that spits at someone is no "lady". I have a feeling he is drinking/drugging again to deal with his friend's death a few months ago. He seemed pretty destroyed.

Cindi

Is it me, or does Bam always look like the devil? His eyes are always red in pics, and it's not just the flash! Bam and his wife have not been together in a long time I don't think.

JL

"Bam says the girl spat at the driver" (an admitted assault) and "Bam says he then dove into the car and began punching on the guy" Eyewitnesses corroborated the assault that Bam admits they commited saying they saw "Bam and his friend attack the driver through the car window". The brand new looking cab has a dent right where the cabbie says Bam kicked it. - YET, NYC POLICE FOUND NO EVIDENCE OF A CRIME!!! YEAH, WAY TO KEEP MAKING THE THOSE CITY CRIME STATISTICS LOOK BETTER BY KEEPING CRIMES OF THE BOOKS. Nothing to see here, move along.

FakeityFakeFake

I guess Bam should have let Ryan drive him home.

Tammy

I think the cab driver was wrong to call the girl a slut, and it would be interesting to know why he said it. I also think she's wrong for spitting on him. However, once the driver grabbed her, Bam did absolutely the right thing stepping in to defend/protect the girl and I can't fault him. The person who should've been arrested was the girl, but I suspect the cops didn't arrest her b/c they wouldn't make the case as she was allegedly insulted and assaulted.

Mike Hawk

I love it "the him" looks like most didn't catch this play on words.

MP

Isn't Bam married? You'd think he would have at least had to pay to fix the taxi guy's door.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments