Dolores Hope

Dead at 102

9/19/2011 4:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0919_dolores_hope_BN_01
Dolores Hope -- Bob Hope's widow -- has died.  She was 102 years old.

Dolores married Bob Hope in 1934 and the couple was married for 69 years, until Bob died in 2003. Sources tell us Dolores died this morning.

Friends of Dolores tell TMZ, she was quite the character, frequently drinking bourbon and entertaining almost to the end of her life.

0919_delores_bob_1939
Dolores was a devout Catholic, who drove herself to mass everyday at 7 AM, and when she could no longer drive a chapel was constructed on her Toluca Lake estate so she could worship.

Dolores' rep, Harlan Boll, tells TMZ, she loved children and veterans and would do anything for her charities.

0919_dolores_hope_footer_v3

0919_dolores_hope_remembered_header 0919_carol_chaning_quote
0919_alison_arngrim_quote

0919_don_rickles_quote
Celebrity-Quote-Memorial_BARBARA_EDEN
Celebrity-Quote-Memorial_wayne_newton
0919-uso-quote_2

a fan

Thanks for the memories dear lady.Loved you ,loved your Bob Hope. God Bless your beautiful family

Psychomama

RIP to Mrs. Hope. What a stunning couple they made. I had never seen the picture you posted from 1939, it was beautiful. To all the haters, why bother? What difference does it make if he had affairs, he's gone now. Back when they got married, you married for life, not like today, where you can get married and divorced as it suits you, and damn the consequences to anyone else. What marriage doesn't require a bit of forgiveness??? And by the way, any mistress who believes that the man will leave his wife deserves the lonely nights she spends waiting for him. What kind of woman ruins someone's family that way?

gutsygirl

We have lost a true patriot. Heaven has gained a true angel.

Lola

Young people need to take a good look at the pictures of older people, when they were young. Too little respect or acknowledgement is given to the older generation, because tne younger generations cannot get a grip on the fact that these oldsters were once young, vibrant, productive, probably amazing people. Youth is wasted on the young anyway.

Bobby Dias

Dolores had a rule for me to enter their home- a joke. Did not have to be a good joke but I tried my best, except for one time when I just pointed to Bob and said to her: "He is my joke". She laughed. I entered. Bobby Dias

Bud

R.I.P. to the other half of a beautiful couple!

tony

Had a chapel built when she could not go? Seriously? Who care if she croaked? Why the hell is everyone acting like she was family or some crap? Really who gives a **** I don't!

Big Daddy

Go Bless you Delores. Rest in peace my friend, and enjoy Bob's company again:)

Tony

Had a chapel built when she couldn't go? Seriously? Who gives a **** really? Did she give a flying crap about you? Friggin bleeding hearts acting like they knew her haha!

Michelle

May she and Bob make heaven a happier place, filled with laughter!♥

enoughalready

So sad to see another loss of that generation. RIP Dolores. Please give our best to Bob.

Shannon

I remember meeting her a couple of times in in Fort Walton Beach, Florida. She stayed at Ramada where my dad and I worked. Every year her and Bob Hope stay there to do a USO show that was held at our high school. She was super sweet to everyone. I will miss her. R.I.P Dolores Hope.

MP

They really don't make them like Mrs. Hope and her husband anymore. What wonderful lives they both had.

Susan62509

In the 1940s, Dolores began helping her husband on his tours entertaining U.S. troops overseas and she would continue to do so for over 50 years. Thank you Delores for your dedication to our veterans. Rest in peace. You will be missed.

Sickmund Fruendberg

she looked great for 102! Pampered like a poodle all these many years with servants and plastic surgeons galore- what a life- lucky woman.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments