« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Hugh Jackman

Comes Out Swinging

An AWESOME Punch!!

9/20/2011 6:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Hugh Jackman cold cocked WWE star Dolph Ziggler with an awesome right-handed punch ... but luckily for Hugh it all went down inside a wrestling ring.

Wolverine was guest hosting Monday Night RAW in Cleveland last night ... when he decided to jump fist-first into the action.

Hugh is a good actor.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Mistral

If Hollywood had proposed to him scripts worthy of his undoubted talent, Hugh Jackman would have won a lot of Oscars. People don't have the slightest idea what is really able to do this actor.

Kaze

Hugh Jackman is a great actor. He's a great entertainer. He could do anything. He could do Broadway. He could do musical theater. He could do movie and probably a few other mediums we haven't invented yet (Steven Spielberg)

Jakob

Woo Woo Woo...You Know It.

bunny

The punch and Michael Cole's reaction was a good laugh.

Truth

WHOA... JACKMAN'S CAREER IS DOWN TO FAKING THIS SH*T??? WTF... #LOSER. #TRUTH!!

Bonnie

Hugh was great!! And, YES, Hugh should have tons of Oscars by now, but, he chooses his movies and goes with his feelings on which movies he chooses. Great insight. He went for X-Men as Wolverine when his wife, Deb, didn't want him to, and I am soooooooooo glad he did!! He ACES that role every movie!! Can't wait for the next one!! You can be sure that Real Steel is a hit!! If you haven't seen the trailer, you should, it's really great. I will be at the premier on Oct. 7th here in my hometown with my husband. I truly enjoyed the WWE RAW show last night and I'm not a wrestling fan. I have a newfound respect for the wrestlers because of Hugh Jackman, and I am willing to bet a lot of other people do too.

anony

It's a cross-promotion for his new robots-are-fighting movie, which I think is a miscalculation like "Cowboys and Aliens" was.

tbt

Good career move? ...nope. Chance to man hug other 'straight' men?...yes. Post event showers a bonus.

Miss D-L

Wait a minute, I had to look at the video to make sure it was not a mistake! What the hell a quality actor like him is doing in this s***??? Please ...

Mike L

Apparently, Jackman isn't as good of an actor as he thought;

" Dolph Ziggler stated this evening on Twitter that he sustained a hairline mandibular fracture of his jaw from the punch Hugh Jackman struck him with on last night's Raw SuperShow. The United States Champion noted that he will be wearing a mouth-guard in the ring while his jaw heals and will not miss any live events."

Terrance

I know when wrestlers throw regular punches and kicks they look to make contact with each other. This is because unlike a movie, people are watching the action from all angles and movie punches may look alright from one angle but not from the rest of the angles. They just hold back the power behind the hits because they aren't looking to knock out the other person for real and stop the show dead in its tracks. When they tell Celebrities this to hit the wrestler for real, I don't think they are clear on how much power they want behind the hit. Floyd Mayweather broke Big Show's nose and now Dolph Ziggler possibly has a hairline fracture on his jaw.

I was watching TMZ and they made fun of wrestling for being fake but people who don't really follow wrestling need to know how annoying it is for people to constantly point that out. What if you went to your favorite movie and someone constantly pointed out it was fiction.

"You know cars don't really transform into robots."
"Airplane is completely fake, no real pilot would act like that."
"There were no super powered people involved in the Cuban Missile Crisis, X-Men is so fake."

Someone saying that every time you mention a movie gets extremely annoying... so I wanna know what makes Wrestling any different?

D2K

Comes out the Ziggler actually suffered a hair-line fracture of the lower-mandible from that punch. Even in 'sports entertainment' real injuries happen.

John Stone

I used to have such respect for Jackman.

robert

i don'*****ch wrestling anymore but that was entertaining.

Pronix

Hey guys just to let you know, that punch was so good it actually caused a hairline fracture to the reciever. least we know hugh jackman can throw one hell of a punch.

"hairline mandibular fracture. Guess i'll put my chipotle in a blender for a few weeks, its not ballet #HEEL > heal"

take from his twitter.