Kim Delaney

Yanked Off Stage

At U.S. Military Event

9/23/2011 6:34 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0923_kim_delaney
"Army Wives" actress Kim Delaney had to be escorted off the stage at an event honoring the U.S. Secretary of Defense Robert Gates in Philadelphia last night after slurring and stalling her way through a very bizarre scripted speech.

Several high ranking U.S. officials were present during the award show -- and 3 former U.S. presidents made special video tributes for the event.

It's unclear what caused Kim's bizarre behavior.

Delaney has had issues with substance abuse in the past -- she spent some time in rehab for alcohol abuse in 2003.

Calls to Kim's rep have not been returned.

UncleJunior

I saw this live last night on local Philadelphia ABC. And thought "Whoa..she's plastered or something. WTF is wrong with her?" I didn't realize about her past history of abuse, but it sure appeared, sounded the past came back to haunt her last night. What a trainwreck on live TV.

Rob

Too bad. She's still so HOT, I'll help her out!

Sammy

Jenny on All My Children was a million years ago. It's sad to see anybody like this but especially a pretty lady. We expect boorish behavior out of Charlie Sheen or Sean Penn, but it's sad to see a lady like this.

GET HELP! YOU NEED IT!!!

choicepunk

Did anyone make out what the guy says before they escort her off?

Judy

What the heck is wrong w/ the volume control...turned it all the way up and could not hear ONE SINGLE word. PLEASE FIX THIS.

Marcas Maitland

She's 52??? OMFNG!!! I have never seen a woman so hot! Fifty FN two??? OMFNG!!! 52???? Holy FN **** man!!!! My sister is 32 and looks 52times worse than that! OMFNG!!!
Who cares if she can't read... she looks like that and is fifty FN 2!!!! OMFNG!!!!........ (okay, I'm over it. thx).

RME KRNL

That's a shame. I like Kim and she and the other Army Wives cast members have done a lot to show something of Army family life to those citizens who have not served.

If it's already known that she has had an alcohol problem in the past, I hope she goes into rehab and gets some help. Also makes me wonder where her publicist or other handler was who didn't stop her from this embarrassment.

Stinky

She's still pretty hot. She can read my teleprompter any time.

BD

It appears they ran a retired military captains speech at first on teleprompter, then switched to hers while she was reading. She should have known what she was reading didn't fit her, but in her defense, she probably didn't know what her speech was to begin with, so between that and the coctails... she is taking the fall for a crappy PA production staff.

dolphin

The guy sounded like he said sniper?? and then some other stuff. Can anyone make it out?

Wuskwatim

Everyone's saying she's wasted? Really? Can't you tell she's having a hard time seeing what someone else wrote for her to say. It looks like she has know I dea what's coming up on the screen.

Robert

I think it's just a case of nerves and inexperience with public speaking. She may be an actress but clearly isn't comfortable with speaking in front of a large crowd. I don't think she's intoxicated at all.

nelle

It looks like she forgot her glasses! (& she drunk)

Ally

Kim Delaney had just a hard time reading a teleprompter that seemed that it took too long. Her hair gave the impression that something was not right.

Dr. W. Reyer

It was clear before the event that she arrived at the NCC and was smelling of alcohol. Although she did not have any alcohol at the event efforts to sober her up were unavailing.