"L-Word" Star

Southwest Airlines Booted Me

... Because I'm Gay!

9/26/2011 1:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0927_leisha_hailey_southwest2_BN
Actress Leisha Hailey -- who starred in "The L-Word" -- says Southwest Airlines hates gay people ... and claims that's the reason she got kicked off a flight today.

Leisha just unleashed a flurry of tweets to her thousands of followers -- claiming a flight attendant booted Leisha and her GF for kissing on the plane ... because SW is a "family" airline.

Leisha is now demanding a public apology from Southwest -- calling for her fans, and gay people everywhere, to boycott the airline for its "homophobic" policies, writing, "They don't like us."

A rep for Southwest tweeted her back with a quick apology -- asking for Leisha to contact the company privately so they can sort out a solution. So far, no official word from Southwest.

0926_swappin_spit_footer

AntiSocialForum.com

It's only cool if girls make-out in public if they're hot

Hey Now

Flying is bad enough these days. I don't want to see anyone making out with each other, the seatback, a pop tart, their arm or anyone/thing else. Why does everything have to be a big political cause?

Thomas

Another Hollywood victim. Deal with it you unknown loser! Most people don't give a damn if you're gay or black or from some other media created coveted special interest group. Act like a normal person and you won't get kicked off planes. Most of SW airlines make fight attendants are gay so nice try using the "SW hates gays" excuse.

It's not about you being gay and it's not even about you making sure the whole plane knew you were gay. You're not as cool and "progressive" as you think you are. It's about you acting like an idiot. Take some responsibility and act human. Loser!

Ozzie X

Tounge-ing not sure why TMZ made it look like I typed *******.

ERNIE DELFIACCO

Oh want next, unmarried people kissing?--those having an affair?--brother--sister?--Aman and a woman? not married???We could hire all the unemployed to the sex patroel.

baylor maggenti

Who doesn't like women kissing? Besides SW?

Honey Bunny

I don't want my children to see two men or two women going at it on a plane. Leave it at home people. It's something we don't need to see in public.

Warren

Asking for a public apology? Sue them! Get the flight attendant and post on line for all to see..

Kidbobbo

why should anyone believe this attention seeker? A large % of Southwest's employees are gay and seem to be treated well. Southwest seems to have its act together.

J Live

I will only fly SW from this point forward. Keep your PDA to yourself.

kp

I would bet that there is more to this story than she's telling.

RiceLover

It doesn't say what kind of kiss she gave her girlfriend...I'd understand if they were making out but they should of politely been asked to stop...straight or gay. I do not enjoy being near or watching people eat eachother's faces

RobeMart

SWA doesn't hate gays, if they behave in public and don't stink up the cabin with their Tuna Casserole fragrance.

Feces1

Good for South West standing up and doing what's right! No one should have to see that kind of deviant, vile and disgusting behavior especially children! I would of thrown some airline peanuts at them! Yeah, I have a dislike for homo's what of it?

RS

I'm obviously the minority here but this actually makes me want to fly SW. I applaud them standing up for their values. Businesses can't be all things to all people but it seems the PC world forces them to try