Patti Stanger

"Sorry" I Blasted Gays & Jews

9/26/2011 3:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0926_patti_stanger_ex
Patti Stanger
says she's extremely sorry for her homophobic and anti-Semitic remarks last night on TV -- telling TMZ, she didn't mean to stir the pot.

Patti tells us, “I am so sorry. I did not mean to offend anyone with my comments last night."

Patti appeared on Bravo's "Watch What Happens Live" -- when she said gay men are incapable of monogamy ... adding, "There is no curbing gay men ... I have tried."

But gay men weren't the only target of Patti's unprompted criticism -- she also generalized, "Jewish men lie."

Bravo is also apologizing for Patti's outburst -- telling us, “[Patti's] comments are not representative of the network’s beliefs and opinions.  We apologize for the offense it caused.”

Rex Diamond

Patti Stanger is a liberal activist who organized huge woman's group campaigns for Obama in 2008. She has worked closely with Bill Maher in attempts to abolish religion.

Mark

my girlfriend watches her crappy show non stop... she didn't really say anything that bad... she stereotyped.. but it wasn't hateful... who cares what she thinks

She's baaaack

Whoa. Back up please. She blasted Jews? I thought she was Jewish.

sib

I love the fact that the TMZ minions continue to turn the American people sour on the plights of homos. It's their ridiculous, hypocritical, downright Nazi-ish style of forcing this unnatural lifestlye down the throats of the world.

They realize they do not have facts or anywhere near of the majority of the people on their side, so they have to resort to pathetic tactics of bullying and intimidating people into keeping their mouths shut and not voicing their opinions. Classic libtard politics.

I don't recall reading "unprompted criticism" on any of the articles discussing a 50 year old bitter, angry, beyond stupid, miserable down right idiotic and gutless buttpriate verbally assaulting a 20 year old Bristol Palin? Why is that?

Like I said, typical libtard hypocrisy at it's finest. Keep up the good work TMZ. At the rate you freaks are going you are going to manage to turn even gay men against the homo Nazi agenda.

Roderick M. F. Petty

All people lie, no one is sinless. Is it a lie you told now that you have apologized, did you just not lie about your self. "Do not judge lest ye be judjed." Forgivness is a choice of belief.

Don Martin

If I was ever approached by this mouthy low-feeder skank to be matched wit hone of her coke hoes I'd off this bitch before she had a chance to open that obnoxious mouth. This bitch is worthless.

ladydiinpa

I dislike alot of reality shows, but I do like Patty's--she speaks her mind, & sometimes what she says is "truth"..I get so tireed of the apologies after saying what you really feel...
Patty 1 thing, you looked better last season, your Plastic surgeon did not do a good job,

Lala

*sigh*... really PATTY??? I watched the show and thought it was FABULOUS that you just kinda "laid it out there"... gave your "expert" opinion... and IF you watched the show... and LISTENED to her comments... once you think about them... she's got a point... I'm sick and tired of PEOPLE/CELEBRITIES saying things... "offending" someone as a result and then quickly apologizing "Oh so sorry..."... WHY be sorry for something you obviously believed in enough to say in the first place??? Say what you mean and mean what you say!!!!!

rikki

Well most gay men I know are incapable of monogamy...were having too much fun. :) Many relationships start out monogamous, but many of the long lasting ones, often become open relationships. I personally do not know of a single relationship that has lasted more then 3 years which is 100 % exclusive.

We gay guys just have very different perspectives on love, sex and fidelity.

Uncle Marsh

You DO know she's Jewish? And that she match-makes gay guys all the time? This is a non-story, there is no "blasting" here.

Vagitarian

So she doesn't like gay Jews either?

Katlady

True, Patti's comments are not 'politically correct', but many of us have said in private, what she said publicly.

TB

Its her opinion, I'm in favor of free speech... if someone if offended by what she said, get over it.

lastblast

Oh come on! Bravo is now issuing a statement on Patti's statements? I have watched parts of her dating show and she is the SAME way, only MORE offensive on her show..........and this show is on Bravo. So now why all the hub bub?.......Same Patti, same network, different show. She offended the HOST of the show she was on, pure and simple.

wi;

I do believe Patti is Jewish herself (I'm sure not a practicing one), but her family is.