Michael Jackson's Death Photo

Frightening Intentions?

9/27/2011 12:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0927_michael_bed_dead_main

It seems the prosecution wanted to give the Michael Jackson death photo a murky, gritty treatment before it was presented in court this morning -- because it was clearly touched up to look as daunting as possible.

It appears the photo is NOT the original pic -- because now it includes a tattered border, a morgue-esque green hue ... and the word "Homicide" printed over MJ's body in a grainy, police-style font.

The prosecution used the photo as the background for a slide-show presentation in court.

Compare the pic to a cleaned up version of the photo (below) -- is the murky photo more likely to shake the jury?

0927_michael_bed_dead_sub

We gotta ask ...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

karlew

There's no such thing as too low for a lawyer

Luana

If the doctor was causadpr death of this great star, do not know, but we lost a DOAS biggest icons in world music! Forever Michael Jackson

Strokadellic

Wait....you think this bullsh*t is really about a person's life? It's all about money.
Anyway, I love sex. Thanks.

jack-55d79

I think the cleaned up one is more shocking. The better contrast and corrected white balance make it stand out more and thus more of a striking image, with greater emotional impact. The green tinted one doesn't look that realistic (if people didn't know it was from a true photo they'd think it was faked in Photoshop). If anything the green tinted version was a poor choice for the prosecution's purposes.

Trevis Miho

MJ is gone. He died possibly by the neglect of his doctor, so his doctor's on trial. This is what happened to him, so showing this is just showing the reality of it. I don't think the way this was presented is any different than the dolled up speeches the defense will make. I'm just glad it wasn't a gruesome pic (at least not yet), because as an MJ fan - I don't really wanna see it..but of course I was a little curious.

Chris

Either way, it's pretty sad this photo was released to the public. It should have remained private for court only. I like to remember the King of Pop in other ways....such as his amazing music, not lifeless on a gurney.

Matt

For the future generation(s) of our children, it is a blessing that this creepy musician/pop star is dead. He is not, nor will be be missed! He killed himself.

St James III

Mann that cleaned up picture is even worse. Whoaaa!!!!!

moveover

They obviously photoshopped a wig on to his balding head (see autopsy), so what else about this photo is photoshopped?

lalaland

Unfortunately, I think the word 'homicide' is grounds for a mis-trial, or at least an appeal after the fact. The trial is to decide IF it was murder or suicide. Highly prejudicial.

Dose Of Reality

Isn't that a still from the Alien Autopsy show a few years back?

Moi

what's going on with ethics in U.S.?..

TheRicker

If this is a photo of Michael Jackson after he had passed, why is he wearing what appears to be a hospital gown. Am I to believe that the hospital dressed him in that outfit when he was admitted and, perhaps, already dead?

Did Michael Jackson simply like to wear hospital gowns in the comfort of his own home?

Carl

They were using pretty crappy graphics for most of their presentation. If anything the murky look made it harder to see what was going on in the picture. The unaltered one would have had a bigger effect on me.

Siggisis

I hate that this photo has made it to the public! Is there no decency? Would you all want your or your loved ones death bed photos on the internet for everyone to gawk at?
Didn´t think so!
I send all my sympathy and thoughts to Michael´s great kids; they shouldn´t have to go through this!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments