Tom Sizemore

Proof My Arrest Was a Mistake!

9/28/2011 12:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0927_sizmore_doc_launch
Tom Sizemore
is adamant ... he never should have been arrested at his L.A. apartment last week -- and TMZ has obtained the actor's proof ... a document stating he completed his required 80 hours of community service.

As we previously reported, cops arrested Tom on an outstanding battery warrant -- for allegedly failing to prove he completed his community service stemming from his 2009 spousal battery case.

But sources close to Sizemore tell us ... the actor insists the warrant was issued in error ... because he has a letter from the Hollenbeck Police Business Council proving he fulfilled his community service obligation.

Sources close to Tom tell TMZ, the actor's old attorney was supposed to file important documents with the court -- showing proof of completion of Tom's community service -- but never did ... so the court issued the warrant.

We're told Tom has hired a new lawyer -- who has filed the proof of completion -- and the clerical mess is finally cleaned up.

matt

Joshua

This isn't exactly surprising in LA County. I had a warrant issued for my arrest by Pasadena. Happened to find out about it about 4 months after it was issued. Had to call my attorney, send the paperwork in, wait for him to get back to me. Ended up having to wire in $150 bucks so he could present the check to the court to pay the fees associate with my warrant paperwork and correct the clerical error. Apparently they screwed up when entering the case number and got my ticket instead of some guys felony. Didn't bother to check the names on the files, just submitted it and started looking for me. I can only imagine what I would have had to deal with after had I been arrested and dragged in front of the judge. The real insult is they couldn't just correct the error. I had to pay them to correct it or they were "not going to fix it". I don't know how the **** you get off telling someone that, but they did and I paid the court fees. Explain that, Harv.

scarlett06

I believe there was some kind of error on the behalf of the police.
I believe Tom Sizemore has turned his life around, and hopefully this is just minor setback, and not warranted. I hope, and think that he is on track to more accomplishments in the the acting industry, but more importantly in his life.
I wish you well, Tom Sizemore.

dimes

I watched him on Hawaii 5-0 the other night. He is one creepy dude.

Whamo

Who cares, This guy is by all accounts a real piece of work. Tom is still a LOSER woman beating Dbag. He'll get popped again for doing drugs and we'll have to watch him swear he'll never do it again and then cry like a big baby asking for forgivness for the 100th time.

joejava68

ANYTHING dealing with showing proof of anything you were to have completed for the court you make dam sure you get that proof to the court!Never ever leave it up to some dam flunky attorney!

OhyesIdid

I believe him on this because it has happened to me too! I did my service and a few months later, cops showed up and arrested me. I had to show the judge the proof that I had completed it. The judge was actually mad, stating that someone wasn't doing their jobs and it was a shame I was rearrested and had to pay out bind for nothing. Fortunately, I got all my bond back except $40

EVLBERT

Ok you completed your community service BUT you did not prove it to the court. How do you do that? You file the do***ents PRIOR to the last day of the sentence. You did not do that.
You then blame your lawyer, you haven't paid your lawyer in over a year, and still owe him money for previous work.
Now if you don't want to pay a lawyer, can't afford one, that's fine all you have to do is take that paperwork down to the courthouse yourself, which you didn't.
Now you are cleaning up your mess. Next time, and we all know there will be a next time, pay your lawyer and you won't have any problems.

James R. - Los Angeles

Don't worry, Tommy-boy. You'll have plenty of opportunities in the future to be arrested.

help this young woman

If he was as famous as Linds, he's know that real celebrities don't have to bother with anything as petty as community service - that's only for the little people. What a D-lister.

Leader of the ignorant masses

So TMZ no apology? Noticed last time around you were poking fun but this time you are all about the facts. Not that he deserves one lol.

aaeoo4

Welcome to visit our website:

Please contact e-mail: jorerr@gmail.com

We provide the tunnel the product, the preferential benefit price and the warm service.
We hope to get a good long business time with all customers all over the world.
China Grand Shoes Company is a limited footwear enterprise company which combine footwear trade with footwear manufature. We have the better despend ,strongpoint and quality than the other manufacturers, we also brought the best production equipments, technologies, and professionals from abroad.
We produce over 800,000 shoes per year .
We also can offer kinds of athletic shoes, recreational shoes, stogy, mainly Nike,
timberland, gucci,prada, Luie Vuitton, puma shoes, Nike Jordan series, Airmax and Sh ox that let you choose and see.thenFor example:
nike air max 95,
airmax 2006,
sh ox TL,
sh ox R4,
Sh ox NZ,
Air force one(AF1),
Dunk, Kobe,James and so on.If you want to know further information , Please contact to us.I look forward to hearing from you,good luck!Welcome to visit our website: Please contact e-mail
We hope to get a good long business time with all customers all over the world.

************ http://www.jorer.com *************

sparced

haha.. i think i was one of the few people that thought his explanation was credible.

Largely because of the fact that he surrounds himself with crappy people and also because the lawyers/police/courts in CA suck.

Lucy Mouse Head

Another Hollywood loser. Too bad because the guy is a talented actor. I get the feeling he's probably not much different than his character in Natural Born Killers. That's not a good thing.

luckylady1313

leave tom alone! i saw you on celeb rehab,you were trying hard and fighting for your life! i'm always correcting all these idiots mistakes! keep up the good work tom!!!your an exellant actor. i think you have alot of fans out there,im one of them. everybody makes mistakes,those kinds are a little differant!still love ya!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments