Emergency at CBS Studios

White Powder in Mailroom

9/28/2011 4:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0928_cbs_studio_ex_wmPolice and emergency vehicles arrived to CBS Television City in Hollywood moments ago ... after someone reported that white powder spilled out of a letter in the CBS mailroom.

Law enforcement sources confirm ... cops are investigating the scene.

Sources on the lot tell TMZ ... the letter was NOT addressed to anyone on "Dancing with the Stars" ... but so far, it's unclear who the intended recipient was.

It's not the first time CBS has had an anthrax scare -- just last year, the studio went on lockdown when production staff found white powder in a letter addressed to Bristol Palin.

Officials also intercepted a threatening letter addressed to "Late Late Show" host Craig Ferguson just last month. The letter also contained white powder -- which was later determined to be cornmeal.

update_bar
3:21 PM:The L.A. City Hazardous Materials team is on the scene.

4:00 PM: Crisis over. Law enforcement sources tell us the powder is a "non-harmful" substance ... but still unclear what it is.

Marley

Yeah.........somebody else is pissed that CBS has "Criminal Minds" opposite "Revenge" and "Harry's Law"............... GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

jorge barrera

that look like a real Emerency! lol

Gidge9

of course it wasn't addressed to any Dancing with the Stars WRONG NETWORK.. DWTS is ABC... derrr

doug pound

Cocaine?

brent sampson

Maybe someone taking a quick moment to spell check your headalines before putting them out....emerency at...come on TMZ!

Cathy

Hey Harvey! I can spell, I know DWTS is on ABC and I will do a better job from home for half the money you are paying the current person. Hire me! It's an emerency....

eve from eden

With CBS its called COCAINE ok? They must be desperate for viewers but I got news for them. No one cares if it is anthrax and they all die.

CrisDizzle

don't be alarmed it was just a fanmail from Ellen DeGeneres sending her leftover c*mstain panties to Chaz Bono!

katie

y do you even put this on the internet lets give the wrong people ideas

Amanda

No matter where you’re come from, white or black, I suggest you to the sugarbabymeet.c0m, to find your rich man or hot girl. Because we are families, find your true love is my best wishes! Good luck!

TT Knowles

Hi if anyone can get this I just heard on the news about my sister Beyonce having a baby Blue Ivy carter Beyonce congrats but I need to talk to you its very important if you get this message please contact me as soon as possible I know you are busy and having your baby oh by the way how is mom doing, theirs a lot going on but I need you to know some things. Please call me when you can please this is not a joke one of ya'll call me asap I think we might need a DNA test I believe we have the same mom Tina Knowles and my sister Solange Knowles what the hell is going on here somebody contact me right now I don't care how ya"ll get this 215-60...0-5905

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3