MJ Cirque du Soleil Premiere

Pole Dancing, Moonwalking, Zombies

10/3/2011 5:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1003_mj_cirque_video
It. Was. Awesome ... at least that's what EVERYBODY seems to be saying about the very first performance of the new Michael Jackson Cirque du Soleil show -- which kicked off in Montreal last night.

Several members of the Jackson family reportedly looked on ... along with more than 13,000 screaming fans ... as the Cirque people danced, contorted and acrobatted through tons of MJ's greatest hits.

The tour is set to roll through 47 cities -- before a different version of the show sets up shop in Vegas.

1003_mj_cirque_launch

nan

I am getting tickets.Sounds like a great show.

Mumra the Ever Living

The Jackson family is like a group of zombies feeding off the flesh of Michael Jackson. They hold down no visible jobs - instead they travel from place to place giving their "approval" of this or that entertainment project - no doubt in return for travel expenses, room and board, and some cash. I wonder how much cirque paid for the positive reviews.
Michael Jackson was a talent of immense proportions, his relatives leaches of immense appetites.

Muppet

I want to see this show! It looks spectacular!! Can't wait!!

FlamingoNut

My 11yo wants so badly to go to this. She loves MJ's music. We went to La Toya's book signing, even though I would've preferred a root canal. But damn, decent seats are friggin expensive. Too bad...

3Storms

The ONLY good Cirque Du Soleil show is Alegria, and that's the classic one with Francescao Gagnon. There's DVD's out there of it so check it out. Everything else since then has been utter crap, especially the themed ones like Criss Angel, Elvis, and now MJ.

Em

Looks awesome. Got my ticket over a year ago - will see it in November (Canada) - I am sooo excited!! I, for one, was pleased to see the Jacksons at the opening night performance in Montreal - putting up a united front as always and the kids seem healthy and happy. And if Michael's money paid for the trip, have at it - they will never forget who was the greatest in that family!

anne

Saw the final dress rehersal on Saturday night and this is a mess, a bit of everything that never comes together. Pole dancine WTF? It can't make up its mind whether a narrative or an hommage, and if you go expecting classic Cirque du Soleil wow acts you will be sorely dissapointed. Mostly dancing and not even that spectacular dancing at that.

Joe

Yea links to wrong video

Mikey

I have a new product. Its a miniature coffin which would accommodate ones mummified balls only. It sells for a fraction of a full size coffin. Am looking for resellers to put tiny ads in the newspaper and on the web to sell my mummified ball coffin. You WILL become rich. Call Now!

mj fan forever

IT'S A BEAUTIFUL WONDERFUL MOVING TRIBUTE THAT REALLY HONOR MICHAEL JACKSON'S PRECIOUS NAME AND LEGACY!!!!!

Renee

I thought it was widely known that this show would have its permanent home at Mandalay Bay in Vegas. LOVE is the Mirage's show and that's definitely not going anywhere.

Anna V for Vendetta

This is a tribute I would really like to attend to. It seems genuine and sincere, unlike the tribute concert or the Jackson Tribute Fragrances cash grab. Read the disturbing details: http://jacksontributefragrances.blogspot.com

Damon

Looks like they borrowed/stole some o****T iLLUMINATEs' technology. I hope she was paid for the idea as she'd been working on it for over 2 years!

Celeb Gossip Addict

I have been waiting impatiently for this show since the deal was announced. I can't wait to see it. Cirque Du Soleil is soooooo awesome I just know this show is going to be out of this world.

Eddie

Just ordered my tickets, for two shows, one in Las Vegas and one in Seattle. Cant Weight!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments