« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Hank Williams Jr.

My Obama Comments Were 'DUMB'

10/4/2011 1:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1004_hank_williams_BN_05
Hank Williams Jr.
is kinda, sorta, quasi backing off his horrible Obama-to-Hitler comparison -- calling the statements he made on Fox News "dumb" -- and apologizing for offending people.

Williams released a NEW statement on the matter -- saying, "The thought of the leaders of both parties jukin [sic] and high fiven [sic] on a golf course, while so many families are struggling to get by simply made me boil over and make a dumb statement."

He adds, "I am very sorry if it offended anyone. I would like to thank all my supporters. This was not written by some publicist.”

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Pete Beau

the incoherent intelligensia is rising up in America...read a book yet Hank? didn't think so...

tlcmk

I voted no because there is nothing to forgive him for. He did not call anyone Hitler as mis-reported by the media on purpose to create a story. He did make the mistake of not keeping his mouth shut afterwards and let his lawyers do the talking in the form of demanding a retraction and possible defamation suit.

MIKE

Hank. Don't apologize.

kitnplayn

The job of president means you have to be "available" 24/7 for 4 years straight. They can't escape working 7 days a week. He is entitled to play a few rounds of golf and have a few personal laughs in his day. Shut up Hank. At least he isn't out starting bully wars.

Lori Harper

Harvey I have never written on a blog or anywhere except a note on the frig. BUT.....I agree with you .... Free Speech! I cannot believe those idiots (that are really funny) working for you said that a hitler joke isnt funny. Come on seriously I have heard a ton of hitler jokes. I call my dog hitler when she starts following me around the house. I don't agree or disagree with what williams said, truthfully i think he married his quatro 15 yr old cousin while wearing a pointed white hat! but i support his right to say whatever! thanks

driftten kitzman

this is crapp that you can't say anything bad about anybody in politics or the goverment, so much for freedom of speech, how difernt would have it been if it had been about bush ?

Jacob Blount

well i agree with hank,and i support him . we have freedom of speach and he was speaking the truth, he is well known for speaking his mind and i respect him for that, he is a great american and i musical genius and legend ,thanks for all the great years and great music keep it up!

Mike

HE DID NOTHING WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rappy

Cloak racism in free speech. No such thing as a free lunch, free dog, free cat or free speech.

Peggy Stein

Nancy Grace needs to keep her day job !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Debby

I am getting tired of people reacting to every single little thing a person says. Hank Williams Jr is allowed to have any opinion he wants. That is the difference between the United States of Fricking America and countries with no freedom. The Dixie Chicks are allowed to have an opinion, Bill Mahar is allowed his opinion, even Mel Gibson is allowed to have his Jewish rants. USA people. Get over it.

Richard Demir, MD

The crime is not Hank calling it like it is. The crime i***** it is. The Democrats have Bush bashed and gotten elected promising they would fix things (by the way, they called Bush every name in the book but it's OK because he is a Republican). Three years later it is worse than it was with Bush. Now they want to complain about Hank calling it like it is. These Democrats need to get fired. ABC should keep Hank.

muffey

This is the same redneck, racist, dim wit who campaigned for Palin and McCain in 2008. He would rather have white, worm brain Palin than a Harvard educated attorney as President. What I think this idiot should do is take a bath. He literally looks dirty and in need of some serious hygiene care.

bonnie young

he's not sry....if anything he's a loser 4 even thinking the way some people think,they don't want obama 2 make it they wanna see him fail.....but the sore truth about it is....we all fail when they want him 2 fail.....u rock obama.... and after trying 2 pull us out....he's doing what he can,

rrtn

i am sooo shocked a dumbass inbred redneck makes a dumbass statement...next he'll be sayin he doesnt take it in the ass :)