Our TV Shows

Got a Tip?

Call TMZ at (888) 847-9869 or Click Here

Dr. Murray's Police Interview

What the Jury Hasn't Heard ...

10/7/2011 4:53 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The jury only heard half of Dr. Conrad Murray's dramatic 2-hour interview with police today -- in which Murray admitted he pumped Michael Jackson full of sedatives before he died -- and now, here's the other half ... you have to read it to believe it.

Among the highlights ...

-- Murray details an emotional encounter with Katherine Jackson just moments after she hears the news -- she asks him if he knows how Michael died. Murray says he doesn't.
-- Murray claims Joe Jackson never showed up at the hospital the day MJ died.
-- And ... Murray explains why security cameras caught him exiting the hospital at 4:30PM.

The jury will hear the remainder of the recording when the trial resumes on Tuesday.


No Avatar


1075 days ago


Michael Jackson called hiring me 'divine guidance,' Murray saysBy Alan Duke, CNN
updated 8:48 PM EST, Fri October 7, 2011

Toxicologist disapproves of questioningSTORY HIGHLIGHTS
"I've got to sleep Dr. Conrad," Murray says Jackson told him the morning he died
'I'd like to have some milk, please, please give me some," Jackson begged, Murray says
Jackson's nickname for the surgical anesthetic propofol was "milk," Murray says
Jurors will hear the second half of Murray's interview with police next week
Tune in to HLN for full coverage and analysis of the Conrad Murray trial and watch live, as it happens, on and CNN's mobile apps.

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Michael Jackson begged for his "milk," his nickname for propofol, after a sleepless night and just hours before he died from what the coroner said was an overdose of the surgical anesthetic, the singer's doctor Conrad Murray told detectives.

"I've got to sleep, Dr. Conrad," Murray said Jackson pleaded to him. "I have these rehearsals to perform. I must be ready for the show in England. Tomorrow, I will have to cancel my performance, because you know I cannot function if I don't get to sleep."

Jurors in Murray's involuntary manslaughter trial heard about half of the two-hour police interview on Friday, before going home for a three-day weekend.

Los Angeles Police Det. Scott Smith, one of two investigators who questioned Murray, is heard telling Murray at the start that he would make the interview "as painless and as quick as possible."

The audio recording, however, was too much for Michael Jackson's oldest sister, Rebbie. After she whispered to a bailiff, she walked into the jury box, next to the alternate jurors, and through the middle of the courtroom to the exit.

Police interview with Murray played

Murray: Jackson asked for 'milk'

Murray on CPR efforts, antidotes, death Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor stopped the audio playback and appeared angry at the disruption. "I can't have people walking through the courtroom!" Pastor said.

Murray is not expected to testify during the trial, but the interview playback means that jurors will have heard his story -- at least as he told it two days after Jackson's death.

"This is divine guidance," Murray said Jackson told him when he asked him to work as his personal doctor.

"He wanted me to be around forever. And he wanted to open a children's hospital where children all over the world can get treatment, and he wanted me to be the medical director," Murray told the detectives about his relationship with the pop star. Earlier this week, jurors heard a recording in which Jackson -- using slow and slurred speech -- talked to Murray about his dream of having a children's hospital.

The prosecution is playing the interview between Murray and the detective to help prove their case that the doctor should be held criminally responsible for reckless medical treatment that they say significantly contributed to Jackson's death.

Still, it does benefit the defense in some ways. The jury hears Murray's reasons for not immediately calling 911 for help, his explanation of his much-criticized CPR techniques, and the story that he was trying to wean Jackson off of a dependency on propofol. At the same time, the defendant is not subjected to a cross-examination by prosecutors.

Murray said that when he agreed to be Jackson's personal physician for his "This Is It" shows in London, he had no idea he would have to give him regular infusions of propofol.

But it was a drug Jackson told him he had used for years to get elusive sleep, he said.

"I was a bit surprised of his pharmacological knowledge," Murray told police. "He explained that he used it frequently on his tours."

During his two months on the job, he gave Jackson propofol "30 days a month, every day, with the exception of three days leading up to his death," Murray said.

"Michael Jackson may have a had a dependency to the substance," Murray said. "I was trying to wean him off."

The morning of the day Jackson died was after a third night of trying to wean Jackson from the drug, he said.

Murray described a long, restless night and morning for the pop icon, that began with the use of a series of sedatives -- lorazepam and midazolam -- without effect, Murray said.

Jackson found brief sleep early that day using meditation, but at 10 a.m. -- after eight hours of frustrated efforts -- Jackson begged for propofol, Murray said.

"He said, 'I'd like to have some milk, please, please give me some."

By 10:40 a.m., Murray said he gave in.

"So, I agreed at that time that I would switch over to the propofol, and I would give small amounts that would help him to sleep," Murray told detectives.

"I loved Mr. Jackson," the doctor added. "He was my friend, and he opened up to me, and I wanted to help him as much as I can."

On the recording, Murray insisted he kept a close watch on Jackson after he finally fell asleep. The physician never mentioned the long list of e-mails and calls that cell phone records later revealed.

The doctor said he left the room for about two minutes to visit the toilet. When he returned, he realized his patient had stopped breathing, Murray said.

"Immediately, I felt for a pulse and I was able to get a pulse in the femoral region," he said. "His body was warm. There was no change in color, so I assumed that everything happened quickly."

Murray told police he immediately started one-handed CPR on the bed alternately with mouth-to-mouth resuscitation on Jackson.

"I couldn't lift him off the bed by myself," Murray said. "What I did was to improvise. His bed is fairly firm, so I got my left hand under his body and I compressed with my hand not moving in place."

Jackson security chief Alberto Alvarez, the first person to join Murray in the effort, testified that he questioned Murray's knowledge of CPR techniques because he was trained to put a patient on a hard surface and use two hands.

Murray said he did not call 911 for help immediately because he expected answering the emergency operator's questions would take too much time away from the resuscitation efforts.

Instead, he ran down the stairs and shouted for the chef to summon help, and he placed a call to Jackson's personal assistant, Michael Amir Williams, to ask that he send a security guard upstairs, Murray said.

Murray said he tried his best to revive Jackson.

The second half of Murray's interview will be played in court Tuesday morning, when jurors return after the Columbus Day holiday.

Defense confronts Coroner about testimony

Detective witnessed Jackson autopsy

CSI evidence in Jackson death trial

Defense questions coroner's methods Earlier Friday, Murray's lawyers questioned the coroner's toxicologist in their effort to convince jurors that the sedative lorazepam, not the surgical anesthetic propofol, was the drug most responsible for Michael Jackson's death.

Toxicologist Dan Anderson testified Friday morning that while all blood and urine samples collected in Jackson's autopsy were tested for propofol, the coroner's office did not test all of them for lorazepam levels.

"I think it has its importance but it was not the red flag that caught my eye," Anderson said Friday. "Propofol in any case that we handle is important, probably more important than any other drugs that we deal with."

The Los Angeles County coroner concluded Jackson's June 25, 2009, death was caused by "acute propofol intoxication" in combination with sedatives, including lorazepam.

Lawyers for Murray contend Jackson swallowed eight lorazepam pills and self-administered a dosage of propofol while Murray was no*****ching. The result, they contend, was near instant death for the pop icon.

Prosecutors contend the high level of propofol found in Jackson's blood was the result of Murray's reckless use of a makeshift IV system with no monitoring equipment to put Jackson to sleep with the drug.

Jurors Thursday and Friday heard about the drugs found in Jackson's blood. The scientific evidence, presented by a coroner's toxicologist, is tedious and often hard to follow, but is the cornerstone of the prosecution's case.

Jurors who will decide if Murray is criminally responsible for Jackson's fatal overdose appeared to pay close attention as they took notes while Anderson detailed the lab results from Jackson's autopsy Thursday. Anderson returned to the witness stand the next morning for more defense cross-examination.

A higher level of lorazepam was measured in Jackson's stomach contents than in the blood from his heart and leg, defense lawyer Michael Flanagan noted as he questioned Anderson.

"The concentration is about four times as concentrated in the stomach as it is in the blood. You think that's an important number?" Flanagan asked.

"Not really," Anderson said. "It doesn't necessarily mean it's oral administration."

Along with propofol, Lidocaine and lorazepam, tests of blood taken from Jackson's heart and leg also tested positive for Midazolam and Diazepam, drugs commonly used to alleviate anxiety or induce sleep.

Jackson did not have Demerol in his blood, which is significant because of the defense contention that Dr. Arnold Klein addicted Jackson to the painkiller in frequent visits to his Beverly Hills dermatology clinic in the weeks before his death, without Murray knowing.

Defense lawyer Ed Chernoff said in his opening statement that Jackson was unable to sleep because he was going through withdrawal from Demerol since he had not visited Klein for several days.

Murray's fingerprint was found on the 100-milliliter propofol bottle that coroner's investigator Elissa Fleak testified Thursday she found inside a saline bag that had been sliced open. The prosecutor contends it was that bottle that contained the drug that killed Jackson.

Prosecutors argue that Murray, who was Jackson's personal doctor as he prepared for planned comeback concerts, is criminally responsible for the singer's death because of medical negligence and his reckless use of the propofol to help Jackson sleep.

If convicted of involuntary manslaughter, Murray could spend four years in a California prison and lose his medical license.

1075 days ago


What A LIAR!

Didn't he record Michael half-asleep talking about his plan to build a children's hospital with his name from the money he would get from the London shows and his feelings about children? No drugged mind would have been able say all that.

How did he manage to make Michael sleep without the propofol on May 10 but couldn't do so the night of June 24?

If Michael was as murray claims hooked on the propofol how come he didn't record Michael "begging" for it?

Paris asked him a very crucial question why couldn't he save her father because he claims to be a cardiologist.

So thanks to him an autopsy was performed on Michael at the hospital? What is murray taking?

1075 days ago



Tachyphylaxis is a medical term describing 'A rapid decrease in the response to a drug after repeated doses over a short period of...


1074 days ago




1074 days ago


I'm no Perry Mason, but I think these issues need further clarification:

1. Murray says he was gone for 2 to urinate and to empty Michael's urine bottle. In that time he claims Michael suddenly woke up, swallowed 8 Lorazepam pills AND self-administered a deadly dose of Propofol. How is that likely? That would require him waking up with little grogginess, reaching for the pills, swallowing 8 of them AND then pumping himself full of Propofol. In 2 minutes??? This is a guy who has a pharmacy of drugs in his system as it is, and one would assume they would all be working together at this point and if he did awake, he would be groggy and disoriented and likely calling out for the doctor before taking anything himself.
2. Murray claims after leaving Michael alone for 2 minutes he realized Michael had stopped breathing and he said 'his body was warm, there was no change in color, so I assumed everything had happened quickly'. Of course it happened quickly, if you said you were gone for only 2 minutes. Even if Michael had passed away immediately after the doctor had left the room his body temperature and color would not change in 2 minutes time. The only reason Murray brought up the temperature, color and timing of his passing, was that he was gone for a significantly longer period of time, say a half hour to an hour, and so if Michael passed an hour before his body temperature and color would be vastly different than if he passed two minutes before. Murray noting that there was no change, means he had to be gone for a significant period of time, otherwise he wouldn't have even thought there should be change.
3. In the first part of the interview Murray talks about why he didn't call 911. He said something about the phones didn't work, but his personal cell phone did. He talks about not being sure of the address and zip code, but he doesn't necessarily need that info because in 2009 most cell phones had GPS capabilities. Even if they didn't he could give a partial address and mention it was Michael Jackson's house. The EMT had been there before, and it's simple matter to check the records.
4. He claims he couldn't remove Michael to the floor to perform CPR because he was alone. Michael was a very slight man, according to the autopsy report he weighed 136 pounds, and Murray claims to be 220. With almost 100 pounds, and several inches of height, there doesn't appear to be any reason Murray couldn't have grabbed Michael under the arms and easily dragged him to the floor. I would imagine Murray was running on adreneline upon finding Michael lifeless, that would have provided the needed energy to move him to the floor.

1074 days ago




1074 days ago


Why haven't I seen a thread that freak Jacko was SLEEPING with a LIFE SIZED white, blonde baby BOY, repeat BOY DOLL? And had all kinds of baby photos (not of his test tube kids) in his bedroom? Read this article, and scroll down for the photo of the CREEPY baby doll he slept with:
most likely because no one other than you Sally is has any interest in the topic. Besides didn't Michael explain this already? okay I'll rehash what remember or recall. After Michael realized that LMP was not going to give him a baby, he was distraught, heart-broken and clearly went off the deep end for moment or two. He would walk around neverland cyring. After prince was born he laid his newborn baby boy amongst all those dolls and had a photo opt. better now sally? move on!!!! pleaszzzzz!

1074 days ago


Michael Jackson called hiring me 'divine guidance,' Murray saysBy Alan Duke, CNN
Jesus Christ selected Judas Iscariot as one of his disciples. I believe Michael Jackson selected conrad murray "ah-devil" in plane clothes as his doctor too. Both believed and prayed to the same Jehovah God!

Devine intervention in deed!

btw: I'm not placing michael in the same category as Jesus Christ. Michael was not a deity and never claimed to be. Yet he was a messenger......

1074 days ago



1074 days ago



conrad murray "ah-devil" in "plain" clothes

1074 days ago


Gazoo, sofi and siggisis!!!! Excellent`e observations!
Especially the one about Michael's body temperature....if no one asked why bring it up in the first place?....(when only two minutes had lapsed)....
murray's a liar and a killer. Keep at it guys.....the judicial system is going to fail and let murray go.....but there's no way he will ever win in the court of public opinion. Even the attorneys and their reputations will all be like mud when the case is dismissed.....

1074 days ago


F- Michael Jackskin!
Oh! how I wish I could!!!!

1074 days ago


Hmmmm. A couple more points of interest. I read the coroner's report. In it, it was stated by the coroner's office a photographer took a picture which included a bottle of urine... yet, Murray claims in his interview that the 2 minutes away from Michael, during which he died, Murray was urinating AND emptying out a bottle of Michael's urine. Is this a second bottle of urine? If so, why wasn't it emptied with the first? Murrary also claims it often took Michael hours to urinate, which if true, means one of those bottle was around for a significant period of time. Michael was only home for 12 hours before he died, and the previous 12-15 before that were in rehearsals, which means there's a nasty old bottle of urine hanging around at least 24 hours. Unless, of course, Murray is lying and never emptied any urine, because he never left the room to use the bathroom himself, but left the room to chat on the phone.
The coroner's report states that there was no discernible tablets or pill in Michael's stomach contents, so where did the 8 Lorazapems Murray claimed Michael injested in that 2 minute window go? In addition, Murray claims from 1:00 am to 2 minutes before Michael's death at approximately noon, he was with Michael, monitoring him, massaging his feet, applying lotion, meditating, soothing him, and administering meds. At what point did Michael take all those pills without Murray's knowledge?
Even if Michael had taken the 8 Lorazapems in that 2 minute window, there is no way they would have had any affect so quickly. They wouldn't have entered the blood stream for at least 20 minutes.
As for the Propofol, the coroner's report states that the IV entered behind Michael's knee area. In order for him to self infuse, he'd have to wake up, either bend his knee towards his chin, or sit up, reach underneath his leg and 'push' the meds. Coroner's report says it was impossible given the physical challenges of the placement and Michael's reach. In addition, it's hard to believe he'd be sober enough to fool around with the syringe without pulling something out or hurting himself further.

1074 days ago



1073 days ago
Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Around The Web