TMZ's Ribeye

Swimming with the Fishes

10/7/2011 4:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

100711_tv_ribeye_still

Tragedy struck the TMZ newsroom when our beloved (by Harvey) gilled mascot Ribeye was found dead in his bowl -- but man, did we send him out in style!

Check out TMZ on TV -- click here to see your local listings!

OhWowLike

Flushed him down the crapper? Not funny, TMZ.

Someone

Really TMZ? Lol poor fish! I've had mine what seems like FOREVER! I got MIN in 2007 and hes STILL ALIVE! Hes orange... so I named him Orange juice.... And where these fishes are betas, FIGHTING FISH they will kill each other... (males will kill other males) So my family for the last few years always has a field day with calling him OJ... I love him a lot... but I'm getting tired of cleaning his tank every week or sooner... hehe... But I know I have to do it... and so far I've been VERY lucky! I've had Betas since like 2003 and OJ has outlived them all BY FAR! the longest one before OJ was like a year... I think I've finally gotten it right! Maybe you need to look for another mascot?

yo

I can't even listen to the voice of the idiot who makes these videos. He, and they, are so completely unfunny, unprofessional, and not good satire at all.

Try to get either a little bit of quality, TMZ, or people who try to be more than just douchebags, mkay? Thanks.

weird al yankovich

Sorry for your loss

Peace
WEIRD

Mike

The water looked cloudy. You just can't set up the tank and put the fish in there the same day. You have to let the tank set for a few days and then get a fish. When you get a fish, you have to acclimate it and you can't put the water that is in the bag into the tank.

Woot

Please LEARN about the pets you intend to get BEFORE getting them. So many get ill and/or die at the hands of inexperienced owners.

They're not here purely for our amusement and entertainment.

who dat

I followed Ribeye on twitter. He was the coolest. Always had something catchy to say. You will be missed.

gutsygirl

Hey, Harvey...where's your dog...out playing in traffic!? Hilarious!

Jackie

Karma is a b!tch...Recently you were making fun of Salahi's Dog.

HooKares

Who Friggin cares about the damn fish! Nuff! Blahg!

Icebaby... is back dude

I don't find this funny. Poor thing...

tommyr

Betas don't live long anyway. 5 years MAYBE if you give them a fully decked out aquarium. RIP little guy.

Mindy

RIP Ribeye!

~Fin~

TMZisdabomb

The correct phrase is: Sleeping with the fishes!

necessity

Shoot, TMZ, you guys can have my niece's betta fish!lol His name is Lucy...... I thought the fish would only live a year tops. I bought it for my niece when she was a baby, put it in a fish bowl, change the water once a week, etc., etc... Here we are five years later, and the fish is still kicking.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments