Rick Ross

Suffers Another Seizure

On Private Jet

10/14/2011 6:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1014_rick_ross_ex_1
 TMZ has learned ... Rick Ross' private jet made an emergency landing in Birmingham, Alabama, 2 hours ago, en route to his concert in Memphis ... and we found out he suffered another seizure.

It's the second time today where a plane in which the rapper was a passenger made an emergency landing.  We broke the story ... Rick suffered a seizure this morning on a Delta flight that returned to the Ft. Lauderdale airport.

Rick went to the hospital, was released, and then took off at 5:07 PM ET from Ft. Lauderdale to make his concert  tonight in Memphis. But at 5:44 PM CDT, the plane was diverted and landed in Birmingham after Rick had a seizure on board.

Rick is currently in a Birmingham hospital emergency room.  We do not know his condition.

Before Rick took off from Ft. Lauderdale, he tweeted a video showing he was ok.

Rick was supposed to be on stage in Memphis at 7:30 PM ET.

update_bar
5:05 PM PST: Sources tell TMZ, rapper Yo Gotti -- who was originally supposed to perform with Rick Ross in Memphis tonight -- has now been asked to perform solo. So far, Gotti hasn't decided.

4:47 PM PST: We've just confirmed with the hospital that Rick is in STABLE condition.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Pony Princess

This is really sad!

Swinson

@HarveyLevinTMZ He needs to get an MRI he has an embolism that is expanding at reduced pressure. It might rupture.

Woot

Why couldn't this be Shug Knight?

Jeanne Tutt

obviously he's having issues that are made worse with the elevation! If he gets cleared again he should just cancel for tonight his fans will understand! drive a bus dude!

Mikeg

Money is more for him than his health... That's what he got for not staying in the hospital...

Karen

What is really going on? Why didn't the doctors check EVERYTHING over?

Ekhart

Wow, pure stupidity to try and make a concert after suffering a seizure. I hope he's doing good but I hope they won't let him leave so soon again!

Sir Boo

No great loss. Never listened to him and never will.

two cents

And why do we care?? I have NO idea who he is.

The Real JJ

Man chill man. Take it easy big dude!

EarthAngel

He went from a Zen slap to a full on Zen TKO....pay attention!!

Cheryl A.

I said in the first post that no matter what anyone said, he was NOT in 100% condition, like his assistant said this afternoon.
Get well soon.

TIFFANY

ok Rick stay in the hospital this time please..

Luis

I hate when someone says "why should we care?" If that's your attitude, than don't expect us to care when someone you love is in this condition. It's still someone's life.

Ray

now I've never personally listened to his music that I can recall, but some of your guy's comments I can't believe you would be so cold to a person. I am personally a Grande Mal Epileptic and I suffer these on a regular basis. So listen this S**T isn't fun trust me and it's nothing to be joked about I'm on enough medication where what they have me on is borderline toxic to my system so I know what he's going through probably better than anyone here thats saying "oh it's no big loss", or "why do we care", if you saw someone go through an Epileptic Seizure trust me you wouldn't be making these thoughtless and insensitive comments. I just hope that he comes out ok and they figure out what cause his, because here's a news flash they have no idea what so ever cause mine and thats probably the scariest thing of all.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments