Vinny From 'Jersey Shore'

Ivy League Deviance Expert

11/3/2011 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Vinny Guadagnino speaks at Columbia
The apocalypse is nigh -- yesterday, a "Jersey Shore" cast member gave a guest lecture at an Ivy League school ...

It actually makes a lot more sense when you know the full story -- sources tell TMZ, Vinny Guadagnino was invited to speak in a Columbia sociology class on "deviance" ... a subject on which Vinny is a recognized expert.

Vin spent a lot of time talking about being bullied growing up. It went really well -- we're told students even applauded at the end -- but crap got real when Vinny opened the floor up for questions.

We're told one observer bluntly asked, "What gives you, as a cast member of 'Jersey Shore,' the right to interrupt this class and then lecture us on setting a good example?"

Vinny -- who wasn't big on speech and debate in high school -- was predictably stumped.

1102_stas_gone_shore_footer_v2

coco

He should hookup with Kim Kardashian.

Philly

Good question, can we stop talking about them now?

alex

the guy's a jerkoff... his tweets started ending up on my page, and this idiot is delusional and a pseudo-intellectual.. go away already.

Rogue Warrior

Nobody from the Jersey Shore should be asked to speak to ANY group of college students, especially Ivy League-rs!!!!! I would have walked out!

i said lesbians...

Ok so the jersey shore cast are a bunch of low life superficial stad infested douchebags BUT vinny took the lsat and got a good score and he had a 3.9 gpa...he couldve been a lawyer but chose this garbage show instead. still, hes smarter than everyone thinks.

but seriously, cancel the terrible show.

Fat Mike

I hate Jersey Shore, but whoever asked that question is a bigger moron than the cast. Who invites someone to their home to insult them? Obviously only people who think being born into a priveleged background somehow makes them better than this guy, who actually works for a living.
Aagain, I don't like Vinny, but with the tools he's been given in life, he's achieved a hell of a lot more than this d*ck from Columbia. You run and tell that, homeboy.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

He should have went over and put a new jersey smackdown on the smart ass,

AyeJay

Is it just me or does he look short? I googled his height, and it claims him to be 5'9".

T.

Vinny has his degree in Political Science and was on his way to law school before The Jersey Shore...

Birnam

In Sociology Deviance is defined as going against social norms. So I'm pretty sure he qualifies.

Regulator

I'm starting a social experiment. I want everyone reading this to wish ill will towards the Kardashian family at 12noon (PST) on Friday. I believe with enough people focusing on it at the same time, the universe has to listen.

Please like and repost this where you can. We need as many participants as possible.

b

Man he is SHORT

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

What gives him a right you ask? Well, I'm gonna assume he was paid to speak to an intelligent class. Answering stumping questions was a different matter.

Tracy

I've never watched Jersey Shore and based on what I've seen in the media, I have no respect for these people, BUT...he should have answered with the name of the professor or administrator who INVITED him to speak. What a dumbass question...Ivy League, indeed.

pimpc

Mr. no personality himself huh?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments