« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Mike McQueary

I'm In Protective Custody,

Double Fisting Booze

11/11/2011 3:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1111-mike-mcqueary-getty-bn
Mike McQueary has reportedly informed the Penn State football players that he's currently in protective custody and "double fisting" alcohol.

According to PennLive.com, one of the PSU coaches gathered several players in a room on campus and allowed McQueary to speak to the team via speaker phone.

McQueary reportedly told the team, "I wanted to let you guys know I'm not your coach anymore. I'm done.”

McQueary also told the team he's not at the University, but in protective custody after receiving several threats ... and "double fisting" booze.

McQueary was placed on administrative leave earlier today.

McQueary -- who's married with a 2-year-old daughter -- is the man who witnessed Jerry Sandusky allegedly rape a young boy back in 2002 ... but failed to stop the attack and didn't report the crime to the police.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

TabbyKat

And one more thought before I try to quit this and calm myself down, if I were one of the officers in charge of this bastard's "protective custody" I'd be driving his sorry excuse to the nearest tattoo parlor to have "child rapist" tattooed on his forehead, and then to the nearest Federal prison with orders to release him into the general population....

TabbyKat

What really dumbfounds me- well, this whole situation does, of course, but Penn State cleans house, fires Paterno (which we could debate the right or wrong of all day and never agree)but the one person who had not only a MORAL but freakin' LEGAL obligation to report what he had witnessed, and not to his dad, or Joe Pa, or the school, but to the police, was given the interim coaching job like it was no big deal....McQueary is just as guilty as Sandusky in the abuse of this child. I hope it is eating him alive, what he should have done and what he should've prevented. And if I was married to someone and I found out that they had done this, you bet your a$$ mine would be at the divorce lawyer's office in the next heartbeat!

carol

He's getting paid! Who would be protecting him? Like he protected the little boy???? I believe his father, another coward, is a medical doctor. Don't they take an oath to protect? Both of them should use the same bullet. Two cowards. We haven't heard the end of this yet.

andy337

wonder if Dr. Conrad Murray could give him a hand "let me show ya' something"

V Hooper

Thing is if this guy really did witness a rape, doesn't matter if it's a man, woman or child and the witness doesn't report it they are a part of that crime! No reason is good enough in my eyes. Guess the fool never seen "The Accused" with Jody Foster or just doesn't care about anything or anyone other than himself, willing to put in jeopardy what all he has managed to build in life. Everything we all do always always catches up to us, sooner or later and will bite you in the butt! I don't feel bad for the guy, don't care he has a kid now, he should of thought of all that back then. I mean how would he feel if someone molested his kid or raped his wife? Same difference really.

PaCop

I hope when he is prison and when he is being raped the

CO's walk away,

you know... all scared and stuff

and then go home

and tell their daddies, uhhhhh, the next day.

He shouldn't be able to drink.

He needs to sit and REFLECT on what an A$$ he was/IS.

A 28 year old FOOTBALL PLAYER, *in his prime* is too scared

to take down a 55 year old man while he is in the middle

of sodomizing a child.

The Sick Muth *er F * cker shouldn't be able to drink any

alcohol and feel SORRY FOR HIMSELF!!!

He is a P. *. S. S. Y.

todd

Insert 'double fisting' joke here...

TheHOLETruth

2yo daughter.... Karma is a bitch

I bet he wished he HAD never TOLD anybody that he saw anything, then he wouldn't be in all this trouble [SICK]

6one9

Watching a rape and not stopping it or reporting it IMO is as bad as doing it himself! WHAT```````` Did he enjoy what he was watching, or something? HE`` will get his! Karma baby```` 2 yr old kid `` or not! That kid will be better OFF with out a Father like Mike McQ!

Fat Mike

Cartman was right, you do have no soul.

FruitSalad

Idiot should be in a jail cell double fisting ccks.

RyanW

Double Fisting? WTF.. ouch

Kee Kee

I'm not making excuses for all these men who did nothing, but I want to point this out: There is a show called "What Would You Do" by John Quinones on ABC (you can watch it online. In dang-near EVERY episode, when men witness someone behaving abhorently, they do absolutely nothing. When women witness the same situation, they almost universally intervene -- even if intervening poses the risk of a physical threat. I read the 23-page indictment of Sandusky. The ONLY person who "manned-up" was a female -- the mother in the 1998 case. Like I said, I'm not making excuses for all these males at Penn State who did nothing, but perhaps things would have been different had there been a real man around: a female.

6one9

I wonder if his wife even knew about all of this?
Will she leave him out for the dogs, or not?
It will be interesting to see how this all pans out!
I'm sure there's ``a hit ``` out on Mike McQ and the old dude.

HelpChildren

This entire case is sickening for all PSU ppl involved that knew and swept everything under the rug - starting from the ppl at the bottom (McQueary& his Dad) to ppl at the top (Paterno/Curley/Schultz/Spanier).Very widespread systemic failure to look out for welfare of children. Grand Jury testimony very sad. The district attorney that was orig invovled with Sandusky charges brought in '98 up and disappears and has now just been declared dead this yr.....Very scary case all-round. There is more to this case.