« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Mike McQueary

I'm In Protective Custody,

Double Fisting Booze

11/11/2011 3:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1111-mike-mcqueary-getty-bn
Mike McQueary has reportedly informed the Penn State football players that he's currently in protective custody and "double fisting" alcohol.

According to PennLive.com, one of the PSU coaches gathered several players in a room on campus and allowed McQueary to speak to the team via speaker phone.

McQueary reportedly told the team, "I wanted to let you guys know I'm not your coach anymore. I'm done.”

McQueary also told the team he's not at the University, but in protective custody after receiving several threats ... and "double fisting" booze.

McQueary was placed on administrative leave earlier today.

McQueary -- who's married with a 2-year-old daughter -- is the man who witnessed Jerry Sandusky allegedly rape a young boy back in 2002 ... but failed to stop the attack and didn't report the crime to the police.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

CC

How does this make any sense? Paterno knew about it, and got fired immediately. McQueary actually saw it, he gets to keep his job, and is on leave WITH PAY? This jerk should have been fired faster than Paterno! Who in the world is the moron that decided McQueary should get paid? Its his fault that the sick perv went on to rape more boys!

Jay W.

McQueary will eventually be room temperature.. while the sick bastard Sandusky will live out his days in solitary confinement.

happyday

I wonder if that had been a 10 yr. old little girl in that shower instead of the boy..... A child is a child, girl or boy, but it seems we don't speak up about boys' sexual abuse until it's unavoidable....

tellmeaboutit

WTH, tmz - what is this, sports central? Way too much on this stuff on here. Remember your place on the food chain, gossip.

Karen Dunlap

Mike McQueary should be fired and not be eligible for the "whistleblower" law - this man is as guilty as the rest of the group

mesohungry469

He should be in prison . . . getting double fisted by men.

janet

That is code for a game plan.

Rich

I am a retired teacher (34 years). When the assistant FIRST observed this action, he should have notified the LE. Maybe he should have pulled the man out of the shower and beat him, Bottom line teachers, coaches, and AD are OBLIGATED by law in PA to report ANY signs of sexual abuse. Simple enough to understand.

sgm

First of all McQueary quit trying to garner sympathy for yourself. The damage was done when you walked out that gym door and left that little helpless boy be sodomized while you watched! There is no sympathy for you unless you find it in a bottle. This is something else that Penn State should have not allowed.

flower

Protecting him??? He should be protected the way he protected the 8 yr old he saw being raped and walked away. Everyone of these bastards should be fired and appropriate criminal charges brought against them. What about his father who is suppose to be a physician and he told him. He should be held responsible also. I am sick of these ego maniac sports figures who think they are god. I hope all of them rot in hades.

David

So Joe gets a report about an incident in the shower from this guy. Joe tells his superior and then does nothing else, doesn't follow up, doesn't ask what happened, in fact hires this guy on staff. Sandusky hangs around until a week ago. Sounds like a coverup to me.

realist

Has anyone here actually read McQueary's Grand Jury testimony? Reason I ask is - - some dolt whose name I didn't hear just said on ABC news here in CA that if HE had walked in on something like that, his mind would have gone blank, and would have just fled the scene because it just didn't "compute", or something like that.

NorCalMom

I hope this maggot of a man reads everything written about him.

My heart goes out to his wife and child. I can't imagine waking up to find out I had been sleeping with the enemy all along. I would be running for the hills about now.

Mrs. W

Wait. He has a two year old daughter? How would he feel if his kid was being raped and nobody did anything about it? Why is he shocked about getting threats? Idiot!

Rod

Why didn't a 28 year old hulk of a man like Mcqueary step in and stop the assault on the young boy when he saw it happening ???