Conrad Murray

I Want to Commit Suicide

11/15/2011 11:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

dr conrad murray
Dr. Conrad Murray has been telling people who have visited him in jail ... he no longer has the will to live and he wants to kill himself.

We're told Murray cannot cope with the fact that he was found guilty of involuntary manslaughter, and even though his lawyers told him he needed to be prepared for the possibility of a guilty verdict, it never computed with him.

Sources tell us, Murray has told various people he wanted to kill himself, including baby mama Nicole Alvarez, his bodyguard Jeff and his lawyers.  He's told all of them he's lost his will to live.

We've also learned Murray remains in the medical ward at L.A. County Jail, which is where he's been for more than a week.

Sources directly connected with Murray tell us he has no physical ailments and he is there because he's on suicide watch.

Steve Whitmore, the spokesperson for the L.A. County Sheriff's Dept., tells TMZ they will not comment on why Murray has been in the medical ward, adding, "A person's medical or mental health status in the Los Angeles County Jail is protected under the law."

maggie

To those of you egging him on to kill himself: Are you for real? I mean, really? No, seriously, is that what you have to say to someone suicidal; "Go on, DO IT!". REALLY? Examine yourselves. Is this how your mother brought you up? To value life so cheaply? To feel no compassion for your fellow human being? Goodness me. I despair.

HumanNature

“The human voice can never reach the distance that is covered by the still small voice of conscience.”

- Mahatma Gandhi

cjunk123

Guys a hero - he killed a pedophile. Maybe he can take Sandusky as a patient?

sla

Murray should be punished in some way for his negligence, but that's it. Jackson is the one who should have been in a mental facility, a long...long...time ago. Maybe then he'd still be alive. No real sympathy here for the black/white/whatever he was at the moment guy. RIP.

cdm

The richest Atlanta Housewife ain't Nene
What's wrong with the Guerilla in the room if he gets the job done right?

Just Reading

Sorry, but this man lies so much that I can't believe the sincerity of the claim until/unless he makes an actual attempt. Even then I would most likely react with a *shrug." The fact that he's making sure the "thought" makes headlines..well at least headlines here at TMZ seems like an attempt to generate sympathy or create the appearance of remorse. Guess he needs something to counteract the do***entary that captured him strutting about as if annoyed that anyone would dare hold him accountable for "his own actions" in light of the nature of his client. Welcome to reality Conrad.

Dominic

If he really wanted to kill himself, he wouldn't talk about it. That is a simple fact, narcissists don't kill themselves they want empathy. However, the sociopath in him has no empathy, nor culpability.

KnuckleDragger

He wants to kill himself, really? So, what's he waiting for, permission? He's a doctor with extensive knowledge about the human body. If he wanted to kill himself, he would.

Whiner!

Murph

I agree with the poster who said he's trying to gain sympathy before his sentencing. I'm sure a guilty verdict never did compute with him. His do***entary sealed it all with me that he is a sociopath.

Janeny

Michael had a bad childhood and a big drug problem. Sooner or later something like this would have happened. Michel was doomed. He was NOT a normal man. I am sorry for this man, Murray. He got caught in the cir****tance. This doc should have never treated MJ at all. They made him a scape goat.

FlameWater

If I was about to get butt raped by a bunch of super powered
Michael Jackson fans I'd wanna kill myself to.

A.M.D

I'm crying here Murray. What are you gonna do 4 years, Michael is dead forever you turd.

Jeanine

Just do it & quit your whining.

kar

I know it has to be hard knowing you had a hand in taking a man's life. Suicide is not the answer, that would make you a coward. You need to get help and seek treatment for all your problems. Just think if you had done this for Michael he might be alive today and you would not be where your at. What goes around comes around.

Cody

I'd feel the same way if wrongly convicted.