Wodka Vodka

Anti-Semitic Billboard Pulled

For Being Super Anti-Semitic

11/24/2011 12:35 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Wodka Vodka billboard -- christmas quality, hanukkah pricing
Some dumbass at the Wodka Vodka company thought he could post a billboard reading, "Christmas Quality, Hanukkah Pricing" ... and everything would be cool. He was wrong.

The billboard -- posted in New York -- was taken down after the company received scores of phone calls and complaints from the Anti-Defamation League.

A rep for the ADL released a statement saying, "In a crude and offensive way of trying to make a point that their vodka is high quality and inexpensive, the billboards evoke a Jewish holiday to imply something that is cheap and of lesser value when compared to the higher value of a Christian holiday."

The rep added the billboard "reinforces anti-Semitic stereotypes.”

According to the Washington Post, the guy in charge of the moronic campaign is Brian Gordon -- who says he is Jewish and didn't intend to offend anyone ... explaining the billboard was supposed to convey that Hanukkah is an "understated" holiday.

Donkey Punch

How do you fit 64 jews in a voltzwagon?

Two in the front, two in the back and the rest in the ashtray

Reader

Just as bad as Kris Jenner's Indian Giver comment

Leader of the ignorant masses

76% of people voting said get over it. I think people are tired of seeing all these articles not about celebrities. I do not condone the actions i am saying that people come here for celebrity gossip and news not this or other unrelated articles that we can go to real news sites to read about. No offense TMZ, but get back to what you are supposed to be writing about.

Eric

Hey-Jew Hater: Try this: Summer Watermelon at BLACK MAN PRICING you piece of anti-semetic ****. sEE YOU IN THE UNEMPLOYMENT LINE YOU STUPID FU####$$%

Ricardo

I love it!!! Amazing and funny!!!

Beth

Yes it was Anti-Semitic, it was also kinda anti-christian. Look at those dogs, the Jewish one looks like Jesus and the christian one looks like Hitler.

I can see why they removed it, but I thought it was funny.

bring back recent posts

...well...the ad is getting lots of publicity, mission accomplished!

blackguy McIrish

Gosh, like gas stations with bullet proof glass?? THANK A BLACK. Corporate greed??? 99.9% CHRISTIANS. BTW - the joke is jews are from and area that does a lot of bartering.... Not like christian greedy walmart.....Wall street....

BB not bb

I took this as meaning that Jews are cheap and won't pay much for things, which is an old stereotype some people just believe in as gospel law. Well maybe if the guy who wrote it is Jewish, he didn't mean it in an offensive way, but a lot of people hate Jews on the premise that they are cheaper than other people. I didn't get the Channuka was a lesser holiday out of it, but to me, Channuka is a lesser holiday than Christmas. I don't think anyone cares though which holiday is bigger. You can't really equate the two religions like that anyway. I would object to the sign only becuase it seems to promote an anti-semitc stereotype, but I guess some Jews are desensitized to things like that and might even take it as a kind of compliment, that they know how to find a good bargain.

campy

What in the Jew is wrong with that. Gimme a break.

MmePopova

It's time for everyone to get over Nazi Germany in the same way people need to get over slavery. It's ancient history. Like it or not, Jews are thrifty. It's a steroetype but it's not totally untrue. Just like Americans are loud, French are snobs, Canadians are polite, Germans are cold, British have crappy food, Buddists are passive, Arabs are repressive, Irish are drunks.. It's not true in ALL cases but generally speaking it is. Learn to laugh at our differences and not be so easily offended!

marknyc

after more than 60K votes 77% vs. 23% (of the TMZ people) says to get over it. Now I believe that the best way to BE a racist is to "pretend" to don't see the differences.

TJ741

I only have one thing to say ......
---------> OY !

PhillipP

Jews know the best deals, whenever I see Hasidim buying anything in Walmart I buy it because I know it is a good deal and can not be found any cheaper.

Scotty

They're not dumbasses, they got free advertising on TMZ!