Wedding Dress Guru

Beverly Hills Shop RAIDED!

11/25/2011 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1123_wedding2_launch
A fancy schmancy Beverly Hills wedding dress shop -- owned by a reality show star -- doesn't have a lot for sale these days, because the Sheriff's deputies seized all the dresses!

Renee Strauss -- featured on TLC's "Brides of Beverly Hills" -- lost a lawsuit filed by some very unhappy, ex-employees.  Seems Renee blew off the judgment ... in excess of $500,000, which includes the winning side's attorney's fees.

Under California law, if a merchant doesn't pay a judgment, the Sheriff can do some western-style justice, in the form of seizing merchandise.  And that's exactly what the Sheriff did.

1123_wedding_sub

As for what was seized ... wedding dresses, bridesmaid dresses, headpieces and veils, tiaras, shoes, gloves, jewelry, garters and hankies.

Those Sheriff's are gonna look mighty perty ... we kid -- the schmatas can eventually be sold to satisfy the judgment.

Calls to Renee were not returned.

Mc Mona

Hay!!! Thats what Renee gets for not paying her judgement, what a #itch! Everyone should go to "One Night Affair" in West Los Angeles and Rent a fabulous expensive wedding gown for a fraction of Renee' explosive prices. They have some of the same dresses Renee had. They also carry other fabulous designers that blow away Renee' overpriced crap that was manufactured in India!! I rented 2 wedding gowns there. Working on my 3rd husband now. Lol!

Dragon Tattoo

and yet Lindsay walks free, lol please LA you are a joke!

Danielle

That is cool if she loses her dresses if she was a jerk to her employees, but I hope none were taken that some bride had ordered and will be without, especially if they have no time to find a new one.

static

It would be interesting to know how often this arcane provision in the law is used, It looks like grandstanding to me.

Carl Wive

HA HA. Pay your bills and loose the attitude. Dumbass.

Star Smith

It should be "sheriffs," not "Sheriff's." There should be no apostrophe and it should not be capitalized.

Star Smith

Sorry. It should be capitalized. But it definitely shouldn't have an apostrophe.

Simone

What was the lawsuit about that she lost?

jennyprissy

No clue what its about but the whole sueing thing is insane already, anyone can sue anyone and wreck havoc on ones life, another reason why business in america for the little guy is not an options

JLB

Renee is lucky a levy has not been placed on her accounts then Renee would have to ignore TMZ's calls with smoke signals. Just sayin'

jordan dylan

Serves her right, she ripped me off, I paid $8100.00 for a wedding gown, then she charged me $550 for alterations, and then I found the same dress for $3200 all in and Renee wouldn't even discount the alterations when I proved the information to her!!!

Wendy

Of course there are tons of ignorant comments on TMZ that need to be informed. In California, especially in this terrible economy, it's very easy for disgruntled employees to "slip" and sue the life out of their employers. That's why it sucks to be a small business owner in California. That's why Hollywood films most productions outside California. That's why it's easy for illegal immigrants to find great work in California. Interestingly, I read in local Beverly Hills papers that the lawsuit and "raid" took place a long time ago. I met Renee personally when my cousin bought a gown from her. She is an honest and sincere person, the only truly real person on "reality" television. She will bounce back no doubt.

ted409

DUMB DUMB DUMB THEY should have left them in the shop and seized her bank account selling stuff at a auction doesnt near as much return as selling out of the shop . nobody ever claimed they were smart tho

allygirl_2002@yahoo.com

I've met her and she is crazy! I saw how she treated employees and spoke very rudely to them. Her husband is a well known Dentist in the area and with the show, there is no reason not to pay the judgment. How stupid can someone be to ignore a court judgment? Karma

stephie22

OMG! This lady tried to get me to be on her show. She was a total BIT*H and I saw how she treated her employees. I'm glad to see what comes around goes around! Her husband is a well known Dentist so she's got the money. No excuse not to pay employees.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments