Sublime with Rome

Yeah We Fought

... But We're NOT Broken Up!

11/26/2011 5:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Sublime with Rome
Don't panic ... Sublime with Rome is NOT calling it quits, despite an on-stage blow up at a concert in Hawaii earlier this week ... TMZ has learned.

Fans were shocked when drummer Bud Gaugh stormed off the stage in Maui on Nov. 20 -- after hurling profanities at the band's manager, Mike "Cheez" Brown.

TMZ spoke with Cheez ... who tells us the drama began when he grabbed his guitar to play a song with the band at the end of  the show, as he's often known to do.

But this time, Cheez says, Bud had an issue with the performance -- and screamed at Cheez to get off the stage. Bud then got the crowd to chant, "Go home Cheez."

Cheez, surprised by Bud's reaction, remained on the stage -- but Bud stormed off. The band, stunned by the outburst, completed the show without the drummer.

Now, sources close to the band tell TMZ ... the guys have buried the hatchet -- after laughing about the incident the following day.

As for Cheez, dude tells us he plans to stay off the stage for a while ... until Bud gives him the all-clear to play with the group again.

Phreaky

Who?

Stiletto

Never heard of them...

bunny

If they performed without a drummer, I'm assuming this band requires drums in their songs, they should have refunded the tickets. Nobody knows who they are so it doesn't really matter I guess.

Minarchian

9 out of 10 times it's a spending problem, not an income problem when you're having these kinds of issues.

Just sayin

Mary P

I miss Brad. This isn't Sublime. Just a bunch of notes with players. Never been the same without him.

Christy

Huh.....who??????????

Truth

WTF??? ...AND WHO THE F*CK ARE THESE MORONS??? SLOW NEWS DAY LEVIN. TRUTH!!!

wisey

I like how this article acts like everyone is familiar with these no name musicians. Never heard of anyone in this article, including the band. What a weak story.

Nakai Intl

WHO?

Fuck Celebrities

Who the **** are these guys?

Is tmz now getting paid to promote unknown bands?

Bloody lame.

Bradley Jacob Nowell

Who? Huh? ... I wouldn't expect the MINDLESS TMZ audience to know who Sublime is. Or any real music for that matter. Thanks for proving me right.

LeStrange

Seriously, you all have lived under a rock since the 80's apparently. Sublime was a MAJOR success until they lost their lead singer, whom they have found a fill in for, whom is amazing. No it isnt the same old Sublime, its a new one. And no one gives 2 ***** about Justin Beiber and Kim Kardashian, I rather read about bands that have struggled to make it back to the top, so blow that **** up your ass.

Wolfski

I love the people who dont find this as news, and the "never heard of them." comments. ******* retards, not every story is going to be about justin beiber, nickleback or some other corny **** band. Personally I'm glad to see this. If I hear one more ******* thing about Kim K I'm liable to break someones neck.

hahahha

It's just a cover band, who cares?

kitnplayn

Nobody wants to hear the manager, and nobody paid to hear the manager. Get off the stage, you gawdam goof, you know..... you pizz me off, you feckin' jerk, you get on my nerves.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments