LAPD to Travis Barker:

You're Pissed, Let's Talk

11/28/2011 3:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1128_travis_barker_lapd_tmz_ex
The LAPD wants a face-to-face meeting with Travis Barker -- hoping to find out why the rocker has accused an officer of crossing the line during a routine traffic stop this weekend ... TMZ has learned.

Barker was pulled over Sunday after an officer noticed the drummer's car had no license plate and illegally tinted windows. Cops confirm Barker was issued a "fix-it" ticket and sent on his way.

But after the incident, Barker BLASTED the cop on Twitter -- saying, "Officer FARD of LAPD, get a life man. Find some bank robbers or do something productive 2 do with your time. I know high school was hard 4 u."

Barker continued, "Pullin me over interrogating me & acting like u did over tinted windows till u scared the piss out my kids was uncalled 4.Job well done man."

He also claims the officer "had the nerve" to ask if he had guns in the car.

Now, TMZ has learned ... Sgt. Riggs of the Topanga Station tells TMZ, "I'd like to invite Travis to speak with me about the incident ... and possibly discuss the situation with the officers involved."

A rep for Barker tells TMZ, "We are handling this privately with the LAPD."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Donna

No license plate and tint was too dark---dude was just doing his job

j

But if I am in a burning plane please come and rescue me.

What a typical selfish guy Travis is.

iimE

LAPD: Where we treat you like a King.

KC

Typical white trash mentality. I doubt you graduated High School.

bring back recent posts

..Travis..you my dear gave him reason too pull you over...shame on YOU for putting you're children in that position...did YOU explain too them YOU were not following the laws???????????????????

Edsel

If you have weapons is a standard question. That cop don't know who you are or what you're capable of when he pulls someone over. Get over yourself you self-entitled prick.

rico

You're a tool, Barker. He's doing his job. Let's see you blast the PoPo on Twitter when they save your life or your property. How about you follow the law and IF they pull you over for no good reason, then you blast. Tool.

Celeb Gossip Addict

Ah the life of a celeb. Getting pulled over for traffic violations with their kids in the car no less is weird to them. Life for us working saps is so pathetic.

frank

Travis is a Jerk Off. Get another Tat and have another cigarette. He should have given you a ticket for your big mouth!

cabbie

"we are handling the matter privately with the LAPD" says Barkers rep...

Then why did he blast them on twitter? so lame.. I know this guy personally and he is a HUGE *******....

wisey

I love how Travis still carries himself like a 17 year old. Man the **** up. No license plate and tint you know full well is illegal=you might get pulled over. Not to mention you are covered in tat's and look like you have a meth problem.

Areader

Sure the officer was doing his job, however, how did the officer approached this, was he over the top, did he frighten Barker's children?

Ginger

A rep for Barker tells TMZ, "We are handling this privately with the LAPD."

Then why put anything on Twitter in the first place? Give me a break Travis. The cop was doing his job. The only person you need to be pissed at is yourself. You gave him reason to pull you over.

ManiacalZebra

Sgt. Riggs? Man, you don't want to piss off Mel Gibson!

Todd Wolfe

Wait, Sgt. Riggs - Martin Riggs aka Mel Gibson from Lethal Weapon? Hmm, will this meet and greet include Roger Murtaugh/Danny Glover as well?!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments