Patrice O'Neal

Dead at 41

11/29/2011 10:35 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Breaking News - Patrice ONeal died Monday night
Comedian Patrice O'Neal died Tuesday morning ... as a result of a stroke he suffered back in October ... this according to his friends at the "Opie and Anthony" radio show.

O'Neal had been a staple in the comedy world for years -- and performed at the "Comedy Central Roast of Charlie Sheen" back in September.

O'Neal was a regular guest on the "Opie and Anthony" radio show -- and appeared on several TV shows such as "Chappelle Show," "The Office," and "Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn."

Opie just tweeted, "Yes it's true that our pal Patrice O'Neal has passed away. The funniest and best thinker I've ever known PERIOD."

O'Neal was 41.

update_bar

10:33 AM PST -- Patrice's rep, Matt Frost, tells TMZ ... "It is with terrible sadness we must report that Patrice O’Neal has passed away this morning at 7:00 AM due to the complications of the stroke he suffered on October 19."

Frost adds, "Many of us have lost a close and loved friend; all of us have lost a true comic genius. His mother, who was also his best friend, was at his side.  Patrice is survived by his wife, Vondecarlo; his step daughter Aymilyon, sister Zinder, and his mother Georgia."

"The family wishes to thank all of the fans and friends who have expressed an outpouring of love and support for Patrice these past weeks. We ask that you please respect the family’s request for privacy at this difficult time."

Justin

The roast claims another victim. Who's next?

Kevin

I hope Patrice rests in eternal peace. Condolences to his family and friends.

I just wish he didn't base the majority of his comedy on criticizing and slamming white people.

Delaware D

So sad. RIP, brother.

inurtrash

Buh bye, knee grow.

CountryGal

Sad!!! He was really funny on I Love The 80's and the roasts. RIP

fstblk

R.I.P. Patrice you will be missed.

lookItsMegRyan

bummer

Jay W.

R.I.P Patrice.

Shane D.

RIP and GOD Bless!

Rotten Puppets

Wow I did not see that coming. He was a great comedian and gave me that kind of laugh few do. RIP Patrice, and my condolences to the family.

TG

Wow, he died just a month after his stroke. Life is so fickle. He was a brilliant comic. This loss will leave a void in the comedy community. Remember to see your doctor each year for a physical. This will help mitigate the impact of growing health problems.

NocturnalDirtPeople

Im usually not that sad when i hear of another celebrity whos died but this time im a little shook up. same when Greg Giraldo and Bernie Mac just so young 41. Very sad.

Greygoose125

I was shocked to hear about his stroke and floored to hear about his passing. He was a comedy original and will be missed - R.I.P.

Bryce

Such terrible, terrible news. I'm so freaking bummed. I've never heard such an infectious laugh in my life. He was the funniest comedian and personality.

Jackie

Lots of people are dying everyday. kids, animals, elders.not a big deal.