Patrice O'Neal

Dead at 41

11/29/2011 10:35 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Breaking News - Patrice ONeal died Monday night
Comedian Patrice O'Neal died Tuesday morning ... as a result of a stroke he suffered back in October ... this according to his friends at the "Opie and Anthony" radio show.

O'Neal had been a staple in the comedy world for years -- and performed at the "Comedy Central Roast of Charlie Sheen" back in September.

O'Neal was a regular guest on the "Opie and Anthony" radio show -- and appeared on several TV shows such as "Chappelle Show," "The Office," and "Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn."

Opie just tweeted, "Yes it's true that our pal Patrice O'Neal has passed away. The funniest and best thinker I've ever known PERIOD."

O'Neal was 41.

update_bar

10:33 AM PST -- Patrice's rep, Matt Frost, tells TMZ ... "It is with terrible sadness we must report that Patrice O’Neal has passed away this morning at 7:00 AM due to the complications of the stroke he suffered on October 19."

Frost adds, "Many of us have lost a close and loved friend; all of us have lost a true comic genius. His mother, who was also his best friend, was at his side.  Patrice is survived by his wife, Vondecarlo; his step daughter Aymilyon, sister Zinder, and his mother Georgia."

"The family wishes to thank all of the fans and friends who have expressed an outpouring of love and support for Patrice these past weeks. We ask that you please respect the family’s request for privacy at this difficult time."

Laurie

RIP Patrice. Very funny guy. This is very sad news. Much too young.

evilbliz

its a waste for such a talented man if he watched his weight he could be still with us

i'm a lawyer!

I'm sorry to hear this, I thought he was really funny on all of VH-1's specials. Condolences to his family.

all that rage

the world just lost a great comedian.you were so funny.Damn, another great comedian gone. DAMN http://allthatrageseries.blogspot.com

Jeff Heir

Great person and great customer at Heirs Big and Tall. We will all miss you and so will Sean John, Rocawar, Polo, Nike , Jordan, Timberland and Pelle Pelle. Our deepest condolences, we lost a good friend.

I am Spartacus

RIP Patrice

Got to meet him on the streets of NY while we were both waiting for a light. Was a nice guy to talk to for 2 mins and a funny comedian. He will be missed.

Rob Brackenridge

I hear his last words were; "I guess they're giving me the light, so I should wrap this up"

tom

Patrice made me belly laugh when he was on O & A.
He will be missed.R.I.P.

joe joe

who is this ? must not be very popular.

reen

I just want to say i really didnt know him much, but i watched the charile sheen roast i thought he was the funnist guy up there. What a lost r.i.p rest on angels wings

Cindy

Genuinely heartbreaking....God bless your dear family. Sleep safely Patrice....

LC

sad,sad, first Heavy D, that I danced all his music, and now Patrice O'Neal a down to earth funny man rest in peace my man. You are going to be for ever in my heart.

V-4-Vendetta

Really sorry to see him go. He was more than just a comic. He was just a really interesting person and had no problem holding his own in any discussion. There was no topic that he didn't have a unique perspective on. His ideas about relationships alone should have gotten him his own radio show. I always looked forward to his visits on O&A. Sad day.

resha

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I jus*****ched his stand-up Elephant in the room. laughed so hard. Love you man,you will be missed, may you rest in peace..

denverpest

He was brilliant, honest, and hysterical. I'll miss him every week on Opie & Anthony. Buy his DVD "Elephant In The Room" and help support his family!R.I.P. Patrice