Patrice O'Neal

Dead at 41

11/29/2011 10:35 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Breaking News - Patrice ONeal died Monday night
Comedian Patrice O'Neal died Tuesday morning ... as a result of a stroke he suffered back in October ... this according to his friends at the "Opie and Anthony" radio show.

O'Neal had been a staple in the comedy world for years -- and performed at the "Comedy Central Roast of Charlie Sheen" back in September.

O'Neal was a regular guest on the "Opie and Anthony" radio show -- and appeared on several TV shows such as "Chappelle Show," "The Office," and "Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn."

Opie just tweeted, "Yes it's true that our pal Patrice O'Neal has passed away. The funniest and best thinker I've ever known PERIOD."

O'Neal was 41.

update_bar

10:33 AM PST -- Patrice's rep, Matt Frost, tells TMZ ... "It is with terrible sadness we must report that Patrice O’Neal has passed away this morning at 7:00 AM due to the complications of the stroke he suffered on October 19."

Frost adds, "Many of us have lost a close and loved friend; all of us have lost a true comic genius. His mother, who was also his best friend, was at his side.  Patrice is survived by his wife, Vondecarlo; his step daughter Aymilyon, sister Zinder, and his mother Georgia."

"The family wishes to thank all of the fans and friends who have expressed an outpouring of love and support for Patrice these past weeks. We ask that you please respect the family’s request for privacy at this difficult time."

Taggart

Ronaldinho Menezes

You made me laugh till I cried Big Dog, now Im simply crying.. Love you Patty, Give Greg Geraldo a hug for me. God bless you both!

Ronaldinho Menezes

You made me laugh till I cried Big Dog, now Im just crying. Love you Patty, give Greg Geraldo a hug for me, God bless you both!!

Siafubean

These artist including Rick Ross and others need to invest in a healthcare plan!! People balling on the wrong things!! How is Aretha Franklin and B.B King still kicking and living full lives?? because they know the importance of primary physician and medications! These brothas better start getting regular checkups! I loved Patriece's standup!! I have to take highblood pressure medicine myself and probably wouldn't be here now if I didn't. Knowing about your health is NO JOKE! no pun intended!

alex

Avid listener of Opie & Anthony. I gotta say i didnt always agree with Patrice...but damn do I respect him for making something of himself. I hilarious man! Gone way too early. RIP Patrice:(

Michelle Smith

He will be missed by his friends in Tampa. Here is Patrice making fun of the differences between men and women with his friends on Wild: http://wild941.radio.com/2011/11/30/patrice-oneal-suffers-stroke/

Carlos

Shocked and sad .. A Very funny comic has past on but atleast im sure he is in a better place. R.I.P Patrice O'Neal

Willie'sNelson

Sorry ta here this. 41 is to young. RIP, feller.

Krazidawg

I was listening on youtube his "Elephant in the Room" standup and it was so funny it brought me to tears!! He said you can tell a white womans worth by looking at how long they look for a missing white woman. Talked about Natelie Halloway verses the missing Miami Dolphins football players. He was a comic genuis that will be missed. Rest in paradise Patrice

Martin

Patrice O'Neal

This poem is dedicated,
to Patrice O'Neal,
A hilarious comedian,
he was the real deal.

A great stand-up champ,
on the radio he'd talk.
Made fun of pretty white women,
with the way he would walk.

He collected receipts,
to simply protect.
Just in case,
the cops would suspect.

read the rest at:

R.I.P. Patrice - and thank you for making us all laugh:)

Bill Kunkel

I feel like I have lost a friend. Though I never met him, I always felt as if Patrice was sitting in my living room when I watched him on TV. Man, losing him and Greg Giraldo in the same year is too much! The world is a sadder place every time one of these comedy giants passes. Patrice was one of the finest comedy minds ever!!! My condolences and my prayers go out to the family of this wonderful man. I am sitting here with tears rolling down my face as I contemplate this tragic loss!

Reymundo Aguilar Jr.

This is very shocking.

DjHeat303

Wow that is really sad he was a funny comedian
midnight toker your a bitch

dee

I watch TMZ religiously but somehow managed to miss the news of where Harvey has been the past two nights. He went on a cruise? Inquiring minds need to know.
Best,Dee

jess

The comedy world is losing too many greats too soon. RIP :(.