« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Michigan St. Basketball

Cheerleader Carted Off Court

After Frightening Neck Injury

11/30/2011 5:09 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michigan State Cheerleader Fall

A Michigan State cheerleader laid motionless at center court for nearly 8 minutes tonight after falling during a stunt at the men's basketball game and landing on her neck.

Emergency personnel raced to her aide -- and after carefully loading the woman onto a gurney, she smiled and managed to give two thumbs up to the crowd.

update_bar

5:44 PM PST -- ESPN announcers just said the cheerleader is in stable condition and is able to move her arms and legs.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Rogue Warrior

Every time I visit a local high school or college game, I wait for THIS to happen, cause it's bound to happen!

Steve

Iam glad that she will pull through. I wonder how many girls, women & men (coed) get severe injuries. People says that Cheerleading is not a sport, but I do think it is. It is dangerous, and this mishap shows it could happen.

JW

TMZ, you don't fall and land on your neck. You land on your head, which twists and injures the neck. Sheesh!

Lisa

Cheerleaders are some of the most vicious, vindictive people on the planet. I wonder if her colleagues let her fall on purpose. That's how things work in their world when you've pissed someone off. Man, the stories I could tell....

squeakermama

Praying for a full recovery.

Kaffee

These stunts that they have cheerleaders do are dangerous and should not be allowed. Is it worth someone being paralyzed? NO!

Kristi Reyes

I used to coach college co ed cheer at a different university. There are strict rules about stunting, and I can tell you there should have been mats brought out to that floor during that routine. Whoever was in charge is in biiiiiiig trouble. I bet her teammates just feel awful. Thoughts out to all.

Dylan

will she be able to **** a basketball player tonight?

jp

Back Spot screwed up... the girl that was spotting in back blew it! lol...

weird al yankovich

I wish her the best and have her in our prayers.

Yo go girl you're contribution to our happiness is well noted

Be strong for us

PEACE
WEIRD

bring back recent posts

..I couldn't read thru this fast enuff...soooooooo HAPPY she seems fine! whew!

J.P.

What in the heck does this have to do with the "Thirty Mile Zone"? I can go to FOX News for this.

Heather

You people are TERRIBLE... ANY story that comes onto this website, EVERYONE is so MEAN.. I hope she's ok!

Jay W.

Hope it a speedy recovery girl.

Lillian Heller

Hi, TMZ. Your show tonight, talking about horses, prompts me to connect with ya'll. Please Google me: Lillian Heller Polo San Diego, for my story. The problem is the lack of crash-testing the riding helmets, in pretty much all Equestrian Disciplines. It's like getting into your car, fastening your safety belt, getting into a horrific wreck and having your seat belt fail! It would be really good if you could do a story about helmet safety. Thanks.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments