9/11 Widow to Alec Baldwin

'Take Responsibility'

for YOUR Actions

12/8/2011 3:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1208_alec_baldwin_aa_ex
Alec Baldwin
invoking 9/11 during a rant against the air industry was totally "inappropriate" ... and the widow of an American Airlines co-pilot killed in the tragedy thinks Baldwin should simply admit he was wrong.

TMZ spoke with Cheryl McGuinness Hutchins -- whose husband Tom was in the cockpit of the first plane to hit the World Trade Center.

Cheryl was reacting to Baldwin's blog -- in which he wrote, "I believe carriers and airports have used [9/11] as an excuse to make the air travel experience as inelegant as possible."

CMH tells us, "I absolutely think [Baldwin's statement] was an inappropriate comment to make" ... adding, "I believe airlines used what happened on 9/11 to increase security and protect passengers as much as possible -- not to make traveling inelegant."

She continues, "If [Alec] did something inappropriate ... he shouldn’t have to point the finger at a world tragedy. He should just take responsibility for his actions and admit he should have gotten off the phone.”

A source close to Baldwin tells us, "Alec had absolutely no intention of offending families, victims or anyone else associated with the horrible tragedy of 9/11. He only referenced that date in relation to discussion of the resulting impact on the airline industry."

1207_alec_baldwin_footer

flora68

Wow, sorry if the results of September 11th are inconvenient for Alec Baldwin.

What a brat! Reminds me of that tantrum he pitched when his daughter didn't answer his call quickly enough to suit him. Unbelievable sense of entitlement.

patty

hahaha - she put his but in check, watch him go back and argue w/ her and become the most hated man in america!

justagirl

I do not believe Alec had any intention of insulting families or friends who are directly affected by 9/11. I have to be honest and say that there is a very fine line when attendants are rude and unprofessional. In most cases it's warranted for the protection and safety of the passengers. However, I also believe that on some days, the attendants can be (and I am witness to this) very rude and short with passengers and brush that off as an excuse. I have sometimes thought to myself while be inconvenienced in an airport, what the heck did I do but ever love my country to be treated this way?? Why are the good people being "punished" as well? Well...that's just the way the world turns. A few bad apples ruin it for everybody. I do not agree with Hutchins saying he should have just gotten off the plane. He should have just closed his phone. Sometimes, minor incidents escalate into a bigger issue than necessary due to BOTH parties being at fault. I am sure this is the case with this particular incident.

en Todo Momento!!

with all the post 9/11 'frequent flyer miles' marketing, the airs have been totally overflowed with the worst kinds of arrogance and sense of entitlement ever, from passengers! the worst kinds of douches and their families now demand boot lickings from stewards and stewardesses, because they have now, that's thanks to 'frequent flyer miles' gained entry to the 'elite' of flying. screw that. flight attendants are not everyone's personal 'credit card slaves'.

KJD

If he wants an elegant travel experience he should rent an airplane and the he can do as he pleases.

obama'saracist

boycott all alec baldtwins garbage his sponsor his shows his twitter everything.he put his wants above the rights of all the other passengers and there safety,didnt care if his selfish act killed everyone he could only see what he wanted like a spoiled child.alec if I had a opportunity to speak to you face to face I would drop you like a rock

Victoria

He had no intention of insulting the 9/11 families? Huh? Just the way he had no intention of insulting Greyhound and women gym school teachers from the 1950s?

He's a self-involved graceless buffoon.

robert

the demand to turn off all electronics is just a measure of control - they have no effect what so ever on the aircraft

LA you're on the line

Alec Balsack has accomplished exactly what he wanted - publicity. Why is he still in the US anyway? He never carried through on his promise to leave when Bush was elected.

Frankly, the only funny skit I will give him credit for is Schwedy Balls on SNL. Of course, all he did was deliver the lines...

gmt

Behavior aside....huge skepticism on rule to cut off electronics....and the risks they present..time for a policy change

charley

TIME TO BOYCOTT 30 ROCK AND HIT THE AZZ OLE WHERE IT REALLY HURTS......FAT AZZ BALDWIN...THEY ALL SUCK!

Mike L

This woman is being a bitch. Now nobody is allowed to talk about 9/11? Screw you! As a NYer, I'm offended by her. Everything is off limits to these people. I'm sorry you lost your husband lady, but keeping people from referencing 9/11 isn't bringing him back. Life goes on, its been 10 years, deal with it.

Alec is dead on that flight attendants are being ******** since the TSA started all the crap following 9/11. The whole TSA is a bunch of ********. Because of their stupid procedures, I won't fly any more. I'll be damned if I'm gonna let some freak grope me and tell me what I can and cannot do. Screw that, I'll drive.

GOLLY

Baldwin is a liberal elitist, narcissistic douche. I ask everyone to no*****ch anything he is on. Can you imagine how people would react if his latest guest spot on SNL (how irrelevant they have become if they keep bringing Baldwin on the show) was the lowest rated showing ever? And the ratings for 30 rock started going down the tubes. You would see this self centered azz hat apoligizing profusely asking for forgiveness. Come on folks, lets start a revolution against self serving, douchie azzhats.

kathy

ALEC BALDWIN IS A ****.

Sandra

This guy is an ignorant ass who never owns up to his on going bad behaviour!!