Nelly

Calls In Sick for

Meet and Greet with Troops

12/10/2011 5:50 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Nelly
Rapper Nelly cancelled a scheduled meet and greet with the troops at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson in Alaska yesterday after he claimed to be sick.

Nelly performed at Dena'ina Civic and Convention Center in Anchorage on Friday night. But he complained on twitter the next day he had 102 fever and was throwing up ... and eventually said he had to bail on meeting the troops on Saturday.

I apologize 2all the troops and fam 2day n anchorage!been fighting off flu 4fewdays n it caught up2me!after my show sweating n going out!

Nelly's Facebook page was flooded by fans who were disappointed he didn't show up. One even posted a pic (see below) of troops sitting and waiting for him to show ... with the caption, "A few of the hundred, or so, military and their spouses (some who have their significant other deployed) on Joint Base Elmendorf Richardson in Alaska, that you stood up. Not cool!!!"

1210_nelly_trooops_sub
We reached out to Nelly's rep ... no word back.

I am Spartacus

Is it so unreasonable that the guy can have the flu while being in Alaska in the middle of Decemeber? How dare he!

jeff

Nelly is from my hometown. Nobody would ditch the troops, even him. What I don't like is they're already there waiting for him. If you're that sick, you know you're not going to make it. Don't waste their time.

Kev the Realist

BullS---..... if you were that sick you should have cancelled your show. Your real colors are showing, your nothing but another money grubbing s***bag, who is only into himself. Nobody paid you to be qa man and go see the troops. You suck. Shows what kid of man you are---- A WUSS with not guts. If you really cared, the message would have been Sorry I'm sick I will be there on such a date and be specific. Now you just another dirtbag. Our soldiers foght so you losers can hype your lousy rap music denegrating everything that freedom gives you. Your just another ungrateful little punk.....

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

102 fever that's it? All he to do was drink at least (1) 8oz glass of water every hr on the hr till he got there. What a wuss.

msfanni

Our boys still have to fight when they are sick. You can not call in sick in Afghanistan. Hes a piece of ****. Proud Army mom

ginny

with a name like that I wouldn't head for an army base either.

Carl

If I was one of those troops I'd be thrilled that he cancelled.

Dominic

There seems to be miscommunication, if they're waiting they didn't get his reasons for cancellation until much after the fact. It says, he stood them up, which means they were waiting for sometime until getting the message he wasn't coming. They were disappointed, it doesn't say they lashed out. And crybabies? Some posting here are sorry wimpy-ass bums.

If he's truly sick, then nothing can be done and reschedule when he gets better. Hope he gets well, but if he has the flu this long, it might be serious, and he has some complications like dehydration, infection or poor immune system. So, it was better that he stayed home, it's like he could perform anyway.

static

Dude is softer than a hot Krispy Kreme doughnut.

Jac

Didn't the article state that he performed at one show and felt worse so he canceled the other? I appreciate the military and all that they do but whomever posted that picture and the caption needs to get a life. Be thankful that these stars go out of their way for you as well and appreciate your service enough to do things like that for you. The guy was sick.

Truth

THE POINT IS WE DONT KNOW IF THE HAS-BEEN RAPPER IS LYING OR NOT. BUT WHO CARESSS, REALLY... BESIDES, NELLY WHO??? #TRUTH!!

Emilio

Can't believe they waited around for this "has been"...

Rhonda Cee

He's not a soldier, soldiers are a special breed of person.. what was he supposed to do.."hi troops, watch me barf"..I'm sure he will make good on it, and he probably wanted to give the tropps his best.. have you ever had the flu? You know when you get the flu you're feeling like you're going to die, and you're crying fo ryour momma.. what makes him different from us?

Kaffee

Its clear by the postings that you have more respect for Nelly than you do the troops--even if he was sick, you still think he deserves more respect--sad for us all.

3Storms

I really wish people would stop writing like this. It's celebs making it to be "cool" to write like they're retarded that have kids failing in schools.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments