Nicole Scherzinger

Paula Told Me

to Vote Off Rachel Crow

12/12/2011 12:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

"X-Factor" judge Paula Abdul secretly instructed Nicole Scherzinger to vote off Rachel Crow last week ... just moments before the earth-shattering elimination -- and we have proof.

Paula's mic was down when Nicole was making her decision -- but with a little volume tinkering ... you can clearly hear Paula whisper to Nicole, "Just let it go to a deadlock."

Nicole did just that ... a decision that sent Rachel Crow packing -- and resulted in a torrent of death threats from angry fans everywhere.

Everyone's blaming Nicole, but the audio raises the question -- is Nicole really at fault for sending Rachel home? So we gotta ask ...

Different Rules Apply

If Nicole cannot make her own decisions while judging, why is she on the show? Each judge should stand alone in their decisions. Paula should have stayed out of it, but even though she did make a recommendation, Nicole DID NOT HAVE TO HEED IT. Nicole's decision, Nicole's mistake, PERIOD.

ssandrew3

I don't understand why people are upset. Didn't America ultimately decide this girls fate, by not voting for her??? I think the judges made the right decision putting it into deadlock. Now the person that America voted for is moving on.

Redskin_Chick

Nicole.. You should of put on your big girl panties and done what you wanted to do. Dont blame Paula, you should of voted for who you thought was better, not what Paula thought you should do.

Veronica Torres

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bring-Rachel-Crow-back-to-X-Factor/334147493268241 help us bring her back , like the page share the link thanks
Wild card show

buzz kill

Does Nichole always to what she is told? If so, I want her to do something. All I have to do is tell her.

hula girl

Puh-lease! PEOPLE.. Get a Frickin' Grip on reality here; it all came down to the PEOPLE's CHOICE--so if all-a-ya finger-pointers wanna blame somebody, blame yourselves. Besides, it's become painfully obvious that the youngest contestants--Astro, Drew, and Rachel, as talented as each of them were/are, could not handle the mental and emotional pressures that come packaged w/a career in the entertainment industry. I feel it begs the question of whether or not the age requirements should be reconsidered; however, in defense of all three teenagers, I liked each and every one of them; I don't care for rap but I found Astro quite intriguing. I wanted Drew to become the new Alanis Morisette; and I simply just loved Rachel--who was the most versatile of the 3...but at the end of each day, I didn't feel that any of the 3 were mature enough to deal w/the aftermath of winning the title. Talent-wise, I canNOT bah-LIEVE Marcus beat out all 3, and is still IN; Voter-wise, I believe it...the female vote--no matter the age or relationship status, is still the largest audience voting demographic for competition reality shows. Good Luck to the Top 4. I like them all.

Don

Just cuz Paula tells Nicole to take some of her meds should she do it. Paula was probly just saying that due to her own "I can't do this" event. Nicole should vote her concious and it's clear her worry was offending LA. She kept looking at him. So, and this she admitted) she figured she could play it safe and Marcus would be voted off. But it backfired, hence her breakdown that was worse than Rachel's.

Geo

Bottom line: In the end it was America's fault for not voting for Rachel Crow. How many years of these shows do we need to learn... if you want your favorite to win, YOU VOTE FOR THEM!

JK

People are so stupid. Paula and Nicole dont VOTE. AMERICA DOES!!! A deadlock was the best thing. America's votes sent her home!!!!

Andrew

Diana

Seriously, TMZ? Misleading headlines are my biggest pet peeve in the media, although I know it's a staple that will never go away. "Paula told me to vote off Rachel Crow" <--- BLATANT LIE! The story and audio clearly show she told her to let it go to deadlock; how would Paula know what the audience would decide? So disappointed in your antics.

real

Well..The public voted. Rachel is obviously too young and with the previous girl who was let goe. They can't handle disappointment so they wont be able to handle success...and death threats...It's a show for crying out loud...

nicole

first off the audience sent rachel home so blame them. secondly its a show and marcus will sell way more records...honestly would u run out and buy rachels cd...and if so would u buy her second or third?

Jo

Nicole's an adult responsible for her own decisions. If she'd just made hers like the other judge's did instead of starting to cry about it, Paula wouldn't have needed to suggest her the obvious way out.

But actually it's neither Nicole or Paula's fault. America didn't vote for Rachel. They should have, but they didn't, and here's the result. Move on.

Ryan

Hey Charly go kill yourself you are a worthless human, there was no reason to bring up Michael Jackson let him rest in peace you stupid judge and jury.