Howard Stern

He's Got Talent!

12/15/2011 6:03 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1215_howard_stern_BN_01
Dare we say ... we told you so Howard Stern just signed on with "America's Got Talent."

The King of All Media will replace Piers Morgan, much to the chagrin of those folks at the Parents Television Council, which felt he was too raunchy for primetime.

And producers wanted Stern so bad, they've even agreed to move 'AGT' to NYC -- so Howard can continue working on his radio show.

Fact is ... as we've been saying, Stern is a smart dude who knows his audience and when he should push the limits.

Bottom line -- AGT could become the biggest show on TV.

update_bar
6:32 AM PST -- Howie Mandel is fired up about his new co-star ... telling TMZ, "I couldn't be happier. As my Mom always says, you can never have enough Howies."

121511_tmzlive2_old

Horndog

Howard who? Wasn't he a lame, irrelevant shock joke in the early 1980's who played wacky sound effects and made fake phone calls to lame celebrity impersonators? Oh wait, that's his current schtick.

tgrfan42069

only talent he will be able to judge.is if one of the contestants throws salmi at a girls naked ass..what a joke.i won*****ch.this is the same guy who said the kids who did columbine should have rapped the girls

jason

Stern will be great. You don't get to where he is and without being a smart guy.

Tereza

I do no*****ch AGT. I watch quite a bit of television but AGT is just too stupid and boring... Not going to happen! What? Howard Stern is the new judge... Damn - now I'm going to have to set my DVR. So much for reading to the kids =)!

AMSOL

Howard is smart, interesting, and knows that this audience will include families with children. I will be watching with my kids and look forward to his accurate judging.
Obama is a mack daddy!!!

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

You know, the TMZ website has a lot of negative qualities, but the comment section is my favorite part, it keeps me coming back.

The spammers are doing a job of making IT SUCK, TMZ, JESUS.

michelle

I'll check it out for sure. Howard will give it to em straight, and it'll be fun to watch for sure.

SaSaSmelly

moxie- been reading TMZ articles for 4+ years and this is the first time I felt like commenting. SaSasuk offs like you are why I didn't comment before and probably won't again. Don't bother replying to me, I won't be reading again. Go join Stern Fan Network with the rest of the haters. Howard is now reading all the negative comments he is getting on the radio. The haters will all be watching.

mebrat24

It was bad enough with Howie on there, I won'*****ch this because he is a snake in the grass type of guy. How is this guy going to keep from saying nasty things about the woman?

Cooley

Yuck.
Apparently they now wish to repel audiences.

Ed

I will watch for the first time ever.

Adrienne

i think this is a joke.....all i have to say is season 6 american idol sanjaya! true Howard Stern fans will know what im talking about. this should be interesting.

Gary

Great news!!....hey PTC...why dont you go after the real terrible people ....The Kardashians?...they have much more influence over your stupid kids than Howard...

BB not bb

Oh brother. Isn't this some sort of middle American show? I don't think he we last long. There will be some sort of uproar. His Syrius show is very raunchy. There will be all kinds of groups protesting, and he is not the type to stifle himself.

It might be crazy funny while it lasts though. If Paula Abdul and Nicole Scheringer are too rough for these audiences, they'll really freak out over Howard Stern.

bahbahbooeee!!!

Howard is awesome. Anyone who hates Stern really hasn't taken the time to experience him. He has the best interviewing and interpersonal skills on anyone in the media. This is translate perfectly to AGT. I've only been a casual viewer o****T in the past but I will now watch just for Stern.