Parents Org.

ANGRY Over Howard Stern --

NBC Has 'Lost Its Way'

12/15/2011 8:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1215_howard_EX_02
A powerful parents organization is furious with NBC for hiring Howard Stern on "America's Got Talent" -- claiming the move is an "act of desperation for a flailing network."

The Parents Television Council has released a statement to TMZ ... claiming primetime TV is no place for Howard Stern ... "a performer who is synonymous with shock, profanity and obscenity."

The PTC says, "The once-proud broadcast network has lost its way and has made it clear it holds no concern whatsoever for children and families."

The group adds, "Not coincidentally, in just over three weeks the network will be standing before the United States Supreme Court arguing for the right to use the F-word at any time of the day, even in front of children."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

aquanet

Oh people get over it. Just dont let your kids watch then. BE THE PARENT of your own family. Let others judge for themselves.

Rogue Warrior

They need to put a cork in it, just like GLAAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Factoid.

GOD

What are they talking about?? Howard hasn't been raunchy or edgy in YEARS. He will fit right in with this PG mess. RIP Stern.

Mr. X

PTC: Still doing their best to dumb down TV so the mythical 5th grader won't be offended by it.

Hey, PTC...no one said YOU have to watch it because Stern will be one of the judges! See that up and down button on your remote? That changes the channel! And how about that BIG button? It's called the off switch! USE IT and STOP treating the adults(and children)like idiots!

carolyn_99

The ignorant and misinformed are the ones against Howard. Seriously, there is the biggest misconception about him. You do not need to fear for your children, people. Shesh.

HamptonsHarry

I agree! Howard Stern is nothing but trash.

Dalia

I'm sure Howard will keep it PG he's been on other shows before and he didn't get all X-rated.
This should be interesting I wasn't gonna even watch before but now I am..

Horndog

1995 just called. They'd like their fading relevance back from Stern and the PTC.

Kevin

NBC should be thankful Stern would come back...now I will have to watch that show.

Nancy

Miss and LOVE Howard!! Best thing that has happened to so-called primetime television...ever!

Sapphiegirl

Sounds like someone needs a life (PTC). NBC hasn't even aired anything yet so NOONE knows what his behaviour will be. And I am sure that NBC knows what HS is capable of since he got his BIG break on NBC radio, and NBC did everything they could to get him to quit. I am more surprised that HS would be so willing to work for NBC again after the nightmare he endured on NBC radio (anyone see/read Private Parts)

Jay W.

It's simple P.Org. ... Don't tune in.

johnn

absolutly right.this guy is a piece of ****.thank god for watchdogs who try to protect kids and families..

ipurrr

I don't like Stern or NBC however, I choose to be a parent and just not let my child watch this network or show. I could blame or point my finger, but I have to be in control of what my kids watch. If NBC (nothing but crap) wants to have more of an Adult feel to it's everyday Prime time then I can't change them. I just don'*****ch.

Parent's remember, just change the channel or pull out a board game and spend time with you kids.

Problem solved.

The PMG

Really? If you don't like him, don'*****ch the show. It seems the PTC is full of post-menopausal women who only watch the view.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments