Ellen Barkin

I Was Shoved by an NYPD Officer

for No Reason!

1/1/2012 9:55 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0101_ellen_barkin_reg
Actress Ellen Barkin went on a Twitter rampage early this morning after she claims she was pushed by an NYPD officer just for walking down the street ... and the incident was shot on video.

Barkin -- perhaps best known for her roles in "Sea of Love" and "Switch" -- claimed to have seen people being arrested for no reason, as the cops dealt with Occupy Wall Street protestors in the area.

Barkin then had a run-in with an officer of her own, which she described by saying, "Just threatened on my street by NYPD,cop shoved me,both hands,onto sidewalk..Is it a crime 2 stand in the street in NY?WTF is going on here?"

Barkin was with her rumored boyfriend, director Sam Levinson, who caught the incident on video.

We reached out to the local police precinct, who said they would review the video. So far, no word back.

fred

has beens looking for attention at the expense of nypd...typical

harleycrw

I watched the video, and it looked like she was trying to walk through a blockade of police making arrests. The officer gently guided her back to the sidewalk, and she told him to get his M.F.ing hands off of her. I guess it's allright that she cursed him? He just walked away. Get over it lady, and walked around something next time that is none of your business.

Marmstro

Get out of the road you drunk.

Ira

Fame-whoring washed up skank after her 15 minutes of fame.

Calonzap

Awwwwwwwww, Ellen.......what a bummer!!!!! You need at least a million dollars and for the policeman who perpetrated this horrible act upon your body to be fired, to make things right, don't you? What a jerk-off you are. Get a grip and go on with your life.

HC

I almost was a nanny for her kids back in the 90s. Thankfully, I got to speak to two of her nannies, one departing, and learned what a miserable life they had with this constantly intoxicated witch and her nasty billionaire husband (now ex).

ibjujub

I guess Barkin hates cops and I won't be seeing your movies anymore. Have fun supporting the anti-Semetic group "Occupy."

Fantastic Four

First of all, Ellen Barkin was married to Ron Perelman, the fourth richest man in America. She's not the one percent, she's the one tenth of one percent.

Second of all, the cop gently guides her back to the sidewalk. Either she's making a joke about police brutality or she's been living in the world where everyone kneels to you for too long.

Either way, that's not an improper police action to someone standing in the street. I would be happy if the police did the same to my 80 year old mother.

Who Knew

self entitled has been trying to be relevent. Move along, there's nothing to see here.

Fallon

Ellen..go F*** Yourself...seriously

dm mich

Streets are for cars not people. She had no business in the street. That is what side walks are for. Her language is filthy, disrespectful and clearly speaks to her character, or lack there of. Ellen, get over yourself and your entitlement mentality. She should be thanking the NYPD for not arresting her. What a miserable person.

Lilly Pad

Ellen,.....you REALLY need to watch the video,....the cop DID NOT shove you to the ground. And on yeah, I wouldn't be calling the NYPD for help any time soon,.....might be a slow response.

Greg

Get over yourself. You call that being shoved? Let the cops do their job without being harassed by spoiled "celebrities". Go get a real job before you pick on those that work hard to protect us.

Demeter

OH NO a celeb was "mistreated", get out of the street then!!

April

Exagerate much? You got pushed both hands onto the sidewalk??? Give me a break. And GET OUT OF THE STREET YOU SPOILED ROTTEN HAS-BEEN CELEBRITY!! Cop tells me, a normal everyday citizen to move and I move! You? You know cameras are rolling and make an absolute idiot of yourself, trying to prove the rules don't apply to you.